my word is about to change to twilight – again… :)

weekly reading…

“twin ambitions” – great running book by britain’s own mo farrah – great story of how one can become an elite runner – over time – through incredible work – mo didn’t just wake up running world class – lots of valuable lessons in there about all things in life

“show them jesus” – a book recommended to me for my sunday kids – and it was good – the basic point was that you can’t talk/show jesus enough in the lessons you lead – that your lessons shouldn’t just be “this teaches us how to be good people” – b/c, in actuality, being good has nothing to do with it – or shouldn’t – but somewhere along the line, sunday mornings became about being shiny and good – i’ve definitely worked to put what i learned into my life

“junior seau” – this book was really, really sad – ya’ll left me for the parade and i had that to comfort me – except it was the story about an NFL hall-of-famer who took his own life at age 40-something and left behind his parents and his family – truly sad – how do those things happen? it’s not like we’ll ever know, but i do think fame can be a curse sometimes

happy reading – i have the new meyer rewrite of twilight coming to me – i’m excited

j

3 thoughts on “my word is about to change to twilight – again… :)”