15 thoughts on “writing prompt of the week…”

1. My name is toot-toot mc.bumbersnazzle, and I survived weirdmaggedon. Weirdmaggedon was a war with all of humanity against a powerful being named Bill cipher. I reicived a rainbow ribbon prize for throwing the most stuffed animals at Bill. Anyway, humanity won the war, and Bill was banished from the multiverse.

2. This was a bad time for civilization. It was the war of silly string and water guns. Paint bombs were being dropped daily and the people were getting drenched in the sticky paint. People called this war the war of play time.

I was a mere soldier trying to help save his country. My comrades were falling left and right. There were so many slip and slide traps that we couldn’t stay on our feet for more than a few seconds.

I was the exception and I never fell once.i had had the bright idea to were spiked shoes , and the spikes stuck in Evan frozen dirt. Then it happened. Someone set off paint mine and we all got covered. The enemy showed themselves and demanded that we dropped our faze blaster sand pretended to be dead. I refused and shot me all dead. Pretend dead. Then my own comrades called me a cheater and demanded that I lay down and be dead. I refused and walked off very majestically into the sunset.

3. Sry I accede tally hit submit.

It was the when I got jumped by a band of rouge thieves with frighteningly real guns. I was forced to hand over all my stuff and to come with them as a prisoner of war. They told me they were capturing all participants in this stupid silly war. I agreed with them that this war was stupid and we should settle our differences like grown men.

So that’s how it happened. We started campaigning to settle this near with an arm wrestling competition. This was deemed as a monstrosity to the people. We were exiled and forced to flee the country. Me and my new found friends started a boy band and became famous enough around the world to get every one to settle their differences and look to the future all in the same direction. One direction

4. The War of Grandparents vs Grand-kids

The war started because all of the grandparents in the world still thought the fashions from when they were young were still the fashions today.They are in a war with their grand-kids. The grandchildren have their own since of style, but the grandparents still think that the kids should wear what they wore back in the day. They started fighting with shoes, socks, shirts, and pants. The kids fought with dirty socks and stinky shoes. The kids won by knocking all of the grandparents out with the stink. When the grandparents woke up they were ready to fight again, but this time the kids came back with dirtier socks and stinkier shoes. The kids once again knocked the grandparents out. The grandparents were ready to fight again. This time the grandparents fought with what the kids had, except right in the middle of the battle, they suddenly dropped everything and quit fighting. When the grand-kids asked why they had stopped fighting, the grandparents asked them what were we fighting about again? So the victory of the war between the grandparents and the grand-kids went to the grand-kids, because old peoples memories stink.

THE END

5. And now it’s time for
    Gifted, in space
    by Mayfield

“Captain Patrick, Captain Patrick!!!”

“Yes, Special Helper Evan?”

“I did my special dance tribute to Emma – you know, when I work it good, real good – in order to welcome General Rylee on board.”

Captain Patrick sighed. General Rylee wasn’t on board. She was in a room in a galaxy far, far away, but she was present through video conferencing – although, Captain Patrick feared the general had turned the video off once she saw Special Helper’s special dance tribute.

To the Captain’s relief, General Rylee was still there, probably due to her very old age which prevented her from making sudden movements, like channel surfing. General Rylee had fought in the Battle of Trucker End, and the Captain wanted to honor her on Veteran’s Day. Plus, he wanted to remind his crew of the evil villain they collectively fought.

“Thank you for being here today General Rylee.”

“It’s an honor to be with you young people today,” the General said.

“Sir, if I may have the first question,” Admiral Jade said.

“It’s General, not sir.”

“Sorry sir.”

“I’m also a ma’am.”

“Sorry sir, but I was wondering if it was racists to call you General Rylee since your name is after that confederate general R. Lee.”

“I’m sorry, but what was your name?”

“Sorry sir, it’s Admiral Jade.”

“Admiral, I wasn’t named after Robert E. Lee. Truth is, my mother had a special affinity for rye bread and the Lee came when…”

“General,” First Mate Abbey said, cutting in because she was thoroughly bored with this line of questioning, “Can you tell us about your right-hand girl Paisely being chopped in two at Trucker End?”

“Yes,” the General sighed as she remembered one of her fiercest warriors, “Paisley wasn’t half the girl she used to be after that. It was a wonder she even survived. Of course, it was hard to tell that she’d survived since she was so short. The sound of Trucker Kinzie squealing with delight as she rolled her semi over Paisley’s crushed body is a sound I wish I could outlive.”

“Yeah well, don’t worry because when I’m in charge that Trucker will be toast,” First Mate Abbey said.

Captain Patrick sighed.

“Did you find that fighting in the wars was a good way to meet brave, strong young men?” Lieutenant Delaina said.

“Oh, it was,” General Rylee chuckled as she remembered the boys. “There was this one boy in the Great Cat War started by that Bri girl…”

Delaina sighed. Where had all the brave, strong warrior boys gone? She decided the Cat War must have driven them far, far away.

The captain had hoped to get the general talking about Evil Trucker Kinzie’s drive-by move in the battle that wrecked such havoc, but the general had drifted into a nap – as most old folks do while talking for a long time – and so the video conference was over.

“I should’ve gone shopping online and bought some supplies half off for Vet’s Day instead of this,” Captain Patrick decided as he changed the channel, looking for evidence of the trucker’s latest move.

6. The year was 2015 the war between the students and the teachers had raged on for two months. The teachers had dealt with the laziness of the students for long enough, and in case you are wondering it only took one month for this war to start.
    “HARDLY ANY STUDENT HAS FINISHED THEIR HOMEWORK! I MEAN HOW HARD IS IT TO FINISH A COLORING SHEET FOR HOMEWORK,” complained all the teachers to each other. “THERE IS SO MUCH HOMEWORK,” groaned the student not as quietly as the teachers. As the first month of school came to an end everyone knew something had to be done. Although it wasn’t quite what anyone expected.
    As the new month began the stress and tension continued to grow. Pencils, paper,pens,markers,and even spitballs were the weapons of choice. Though this war was not very typical, they only fought during lunch and advisory. This way the teachers could still do their jobs (and get paid) and the students could still learn.
    No one was harmed in this “war” and I should know I helped lead the teachers to victory even though the students continue to rebel and refuse to do their homework.

7. The War inside the Gumball Machine

The tall red gumball machine stood in the corner of the supermarket. No one knew of the war raging inside. At first glance all you see is a mixed up balls of color. Deep inside the Gumball machine was a veteran gumball who had been stuck inside for decades. His name was Red. Now veteran Red was trying to convince the young new gumballs that they need to group together by color. Veteran Red wanted his troops by color so they would know which gumball would be ejected when the next dime entered the machine. The young gumballs did not like this idea and raged war against Veteran Red. The black gumballs formed a trap and caught Veteran Red. Veteran Red was being held prisoner in his own gumball machine. The young new gumballs wanted to stay mixed up inside the gaint ball that they were in. Veteran Red asked “Why young gumballs do you want to stay all out of shape and not form into troops?” Green, leader of the young gumball, said that the Gumballs want to surprise the enemy when they deposited the dime into the machine. If we form into troops of color they will know what color comes next. If we stay mixed up then we are able to control the attack by the surprise of what color gumball is ejected into enemy hands. With much thought of the young gumball statement, Veteran Red liked the idea of the surprised attack on the enemy. Veteran Red was released and became a great inspiration to the young gumball. Veteran Red showed them courage and understanding, because with a turn of the knob, a young gumball could fall into enemy hands.

8. I am going to tell you the story of how my Friend Kate survived the war of Bunnies.
    It was the middle of the summer of 2014 in a land called Katetopia
    They were battling to the death because the bunnies felt like
    Kate deserved to die for making fun of their kind and boy were they
    Gonna prove her wrong.
    It was a regular day in the classroom when shaking started to happen but only no sound of screeching or anything then a cloud of shade appeared over the
    School.
    The bunnies had built a giant Kate!
    And then they lit it on fire with signs that said “give us the blonde one” and of course the school went to Lockdown and then the bunnies broke inside everyone and everything was quiet except for Tone he was sobbing because
    He said there was shade when his golf coach left him. So the bunnies broke in the windows and Kate broke them all.
    And it is said that the war is to be fought again in
    The summer of 2015 but she well cross that
    Bridge when she comes to it.. But for now

She rains forever…

9. I was walking in Sahara desert one day as I usely do every Sunday because I like the view of sand for miles when I see somebody in the distance with a big pitch fork. He or she seems to be about 4 miles out there so I decide to walk out there to see who it is. It takes me about 30 minutes to walk out there but once I finely make it to that person I asked them what are you doing out here? I stil couldn’t tell if it was a man or a woman because they were coverd up with a blanket or a robe or something but they were about 12 feet tall. I said again, what are you doing out here. They told me in a weird liw pitched voice,”Oh, nothing…”. I asked them another question, Is your throat hurting. The person screamed at me, NO! And tried to stab me with there pitch fork and I ran but that tall weird thing chased me about 8 miles until I made it to a gas station that was randomly out there… For what reason, I don’t know but I ran inside and asked, Do you have any weapon, He said why? I said there is some weird thing chasing me. He looked out the window and saw it about 100 yards out there. Luckily it ran pretty slow so we had about 1 minute to find something we find a kitchen knife and hide behind a shelf that had spaghetti’os on it and so while we were back there I asked him, what’s your’e name he said, Tacka. He asked me mine and I said… Tone. We hear a band as the door flies open and that thing stabbing every shelf and once he gets to our shelf he stabs it and spaghetti’os pour out slowly. It walks around our shelf and I throw the knife at it and it sticks to him like a magnet and it falls. I was sweating a lot so I let out a whoof! It starts levitating and BOOM, the whole sky goes black outside. No stars. No moon… Nothing. That thing is gone and the bad thing is that the manager just moved here from Russia so he still wasn’t used to the store very well so he couldn’t find the lights. It took him about an hour to find them and oh my gosh they wouldn’t work. He grabbed a flashlight in his cupboard and I asked him why did you not grab the flashlight in the first place?! He said sorry I forget that it was there. I told him well we better get some sleep, I just hope it turns morning, we both go to sleep and well I woke up earlier than him so I walk outside and the sun is coming up I say to myself, yes. I put a note by Tacka while he was sleeping that said Thanks for helping me out, hopefully I’ll meet you again. I left and went back home. It’s been 6 years since that inncedent and I haven’t seen that thing ever again but I still walk in the desert just not as often. I went on a wedensday one day and decided to go visit Tacks since I haven’t seen him in about 4 and a half years. He get about 50 yards away and almost the whole gastation is covered over with sand! I run to the door and start digging through the sand to try to reach the door actually, I get inside and it says on the counter were you usely pay, ABANDONED BY OWNER. I say noooo!!! because now I’m the only one who lives in this part of the Sahara desert for miles. I live my life to the fullest and move to a safer place. Niagra Falls was my voice, I’ve lived here for 27 years and it’s great! The people are nice, the wildlife is friendly and it’s beutiful. My house is basically on the waterfall. I plan to stay here for the rest of my years but I sure do miss the Sahara desert and Tacka.
    I don’t know how many weeks this is worth but hopefully you can tell me at school. Thanks! 😉

10. It was a war of parents against children. The kids huddled together and thought of ways to defeat their parents. After the kids and parents were done talking they got in position ready for the war. The war started with the loud sound of a nerf gun. The kids ran screaming “We will defeat you.” As the war went on the kids were winning and more and more parents got defeated. The real reason for the war was so the kids could watch t.v. whenever they wanted to, not go to school, and do whatever they felt like doing. The kids had so much energy that even when all the parents were defeated they couldn’t stop shooting. The kids were so happy that they won, until all the parents pulled the darts off of there bodies and started attacking the kids. The kids realized they needed stronger weapons if they were going to actually defeat the parents. They ran off and got paint balls and came back. The parents fought back harder and the kids knew that the parents wouldn’t give up so, they decleared a tie. The kids knew that the parents made them do chores and go to school for their own good. Even though the kids wished to be king or queen and rule over their house they knew that would never happen. They lived by there parents rules and went on with life not ruling over their house.

11. Dec,3,2055

The war to end all wars, even more intense than WWI and II combined. So intense that one bang and your best friend could be dead. I am 20 years old and have just joined. Already I am scared to death. I feel like a gun and two grenades isn’t enough for one person. I get into battle and then I have to sneak through a building to get to the top floor and snipe through a window. I’m just glad that I’m not out in the open getting shot the second I get out there.

After killing 30 people plus the people that the rest of the people killed plus the dead people on our side, there are a lot of corpses on the ground. There were still a lot of people alive. The second I close my eyes BANG BANG BANG! My arm is shot of and the other sniper calls on his radio “man down man down!”

My arm was duck taped back on. This was when I was a kid, the electric toy army man was thrown away when I went to college. I will always remember that brave old man, who fought in world war three.

12. Feb,18,2577(FAKE DATE)(acting out 500 years after the Fallout universe’s Fallout)

500 years after the war of Fallout, the final war broke loose. It was devastating. And I survived it. Everyone knew about nuclear tech, but no one had access to it, as we where out of nuclear material. It became the equivalent of the Revolutionary War, yet with faster guns and pistols. I had a enhanced .10 mm pistol and a enhanced flamer(the equivalent of a flamethrower, that literally THROWS a fireball), along with old Power Armor. After defeating about 28 people, I got hit by a flamer, launching me a couple meters(actually fell backwards) backwards. I landed on my back, got up, and ran. I started to get ‘woozy’, and flamers turned into Nerf rifles, .10 mm into Nerf pistols, and Power Armor into cardboard. I realized someone broke my Hololense by Microsoft(It is a real thing, coming out in 2016 or 17, can’t remember) and I was back into reality, and that all it was was a small screen crack, easy fix. After calling a time out, I called a temporary truce to fix my Hololense, so I ran inside to fix it. Afterwards, we made peace. And that is the story of the fake war.

13. So here I am. The only survivor of the deadliest/dumbest war yet. The war was WW111. The war was over fashion. I have to admit Im not into fashion so that’s why I am the only survivor. My name is Emma. I can work it but I cant do fashion. So back to the war. I had to get dressed so I could go work it on the stage at a dance recital. As I neared the store I saw that there was a huge crowd. More than normal. I walked in and asked what was going on. A woman to my right said ” People are having fights over the shirts and pants and saying they are out of style. While others are arguing that they are in stile.” Then a riot broke out! Well the world today everybody thinks violence is the answer. Then all of the sudden I hear gunshots. I run out and hide behind a car. When the gunshots stop and the riot has stopped I go into the store seeing if I could be any help to the wounded. I find many dead and some have shallow breath. I stoop down to next of the injured and grab a nearby piece of cloth and rap it around his wounds. I call the police and they arrive in seconds. I feel like im in a dream since I have never experienced seeing death. I walk into a nearby café and a police officer stops me and asked what happened and I told him the whole story. Weirdly I don’t feel any emotion. None at all, it like I have lost all emotion. I think I have lost my mind when I feel fear. Its like all of the sudden a chill came and then there was the man that started shooting and all I feel is fear. All I can remember is running and running for my life. I find myself bending down preparing to pass out from exhaustion but im not tired at all. I feel that same chill and jump into a nearby trash can. He comes around the corner with a sinister smile that would make a baby cry. He walks as if nothing has happened. But he just keeps walking. After a moment I get out of the trash can and walk around the corner to my car. When I round the corner all I see is kaos. A different world war has really happened. There are people fighting all over the streets. All I can hear are people shouting about fashion. This is weird. Who would kill for fashion? Just then there was a huge explosion. A very bright light…….. Then I woke up. It was all a dream. I woke up in a cold sweat. The dream had all showed me that people put their feelings about something before a human being.

14. The next day you get ready for school. since it is Friday, you wear your “happy it’s finally Friday” t-shirt which has a t-Rex with a party had surrounded by confetti on it. Becquerel got it for you at the mall a few months ago when you were sick and he had to go without you. That was a bittersweet day. You eat cereal for breakfast, and Bro drives you to school in his fancy Cadillac that that he bought pretty cheaply because it was all torn up. Being the awesome car mechanic he is, Bro fixed it up and made it be worth a lot more than he bought it for. When you get to school, you go to the band room and practice playing percussion as you always do before school. After that you go about a normal day,but you are exhausted now that it is advisory class. Since advisory Is the last class of the day for everyone, most people are really rowdy and they talk a lot. You are one of those kids who reads or draws through advisory instead of socializing. Today you are working on a drawing of the person who sits across from you, Kaiti Skaia. She is obsessed with anime, but you think she is really cool. She doesn’t notice you drawingThe her, because as always, she has her nose stuck in a manga. This one she is reading at the moment is called “adventure falls” her backpack has a character from the cover of the book drawn on it. You add details to your drawing, being careful to make the nose and the mouth perfect. You are horrible at drawing noses and mouths, but today you successfully draw them without messing up. “Done!” You whisper when you finish drawing. Kaiti looks at you and asks
    “Whatcha drawing?”
    “N-Nothing!” You reply, not wanting Kaiti to think you are creepy for drawing her.
    “C’mon, show me! Please?” She asks you, looking at you with soulful eyes.
    “Ok, ok, but don’t think I’m creepy for drawing it.” You say, giving in.
    Kaiti takes the drawing and studies it, carful not to smudge the pencil.
    “Nice. You’ve got skills. You captured my bookwormish characteristics perfectly.” Kaiti states, looking up at you from over the paper.
    “Thanks,” you reply, glad that she doesn’t think you are creepy
    “Hey dave, can I keep it?” Kaiti asks sudden
    “Sure,” you reply, startled by the sudden question
    “Thanks,” she says, almost bouncing with happiness
    “You are welcome” you reply, wondering why she wants to keep it. Then you realize its because girls like good pictures of themselves, and you frown thinking about how no one has ever drawn a picture of you that wasn’t a stick person. The first bell then rings, and you wave goodbye to Kaiti, who rides the bus, and you head to the car rider line. In a few minuets Bro comes and picks you up from school. Once you get loaded into the car, you ask
    “Hey bro, can becquerel come over to our house this weekend?”
    “Not untill you show me the numbers on your palm.” Bro states sternly
    “Fine,” you reply “but I’m going to wait Until we get home to show you, ok?
    “That’s good enough for me’ bro says. “At least you are showing me”
    When you get home, you get a snack and wait until Bro sits down to watch a bit of tv to show him your palm.
    “Well, here you go, as I promised.” You say, holding out your palm, waiting for his reaction to the cancer sign and the rotating gear that is glowing on your palm.
    “What did Doctor Oak say when he saw this?” Bro asks calmly, even though You can tell he is panicking inside.
    “he said for us to wait until he calls us before we try to do anything” You reply, just as calmly as Bro.
    “Ok,” Bro says deep in thought. You take advantage of this and ask
    “Can I call becquerel and invite him over?”
    “Yeah, yeah…” Bro replies, still deep in thought.
    You rush to the phone and invite him over, and tell him that you will tell him about your palm when he gets here.