First Full Week of Kindergarten

We had an amazing first full week of Kindergarten! Your children have been such a joy getting to know, and I am already so proud of them! We are going to do great things this year!! This week we started learning all about colors and Nursery Rhymes. The students all loved the excitement of finding out what the nursery rhyme of the day would be, and everyone loves our "class pet" Leo the Lion who LOVES singing his rhyming words. 🙂 They worked very hard as illustrators of their own Nursery Rhyme book, I can't wait for you to see them!! In math, we had fun exploring many different math manipulatives, as well as writing our numbers 1-10. In writing, we focused on illustrations and how we can use shapes we know to make pictures/people! We will expand on this next week when making a class book called "Meet My Friends."

To end the week with a bang, we gathered with another Kinder class to conduct an experiment with colors! First we made guesses about what we thought would happen when adding drops of food coloring to water. Then, we learned about how we can mix primary colors to make secondary colors. I think they had a lot of fun, and I did too! I can't wait to see everyone back on Monday!!

Next week's color days:

Monday-Purple

Tuesday- Pink

Wednesday- Black

Thursday- White

Friday- Brown