Our annual NJHS Toys for Tots Campaign kicked off on Monday, November 9th and will run through December 4th.
This year we are utilizing online donations due to COVID-19 restrictions.
There are several easy ways to donate:
Text OM to 71777 – to make a general donation (not to a certain grade level)
Here is the link to the main page: https://igfn.us/vf/OM
- Text OM6 to 71777 to donate to 6th grade
- Text OM7 to 71777 to donate to 7th grade
- Text OM8 to 71777 to donate to 8th grade
Please share this information with family and friends via email, text, or posting on social media.
This afternoon I met in the gym during Advisory and discussed the following (via the linked letter below that will need to be signed and returned to Mrs. Gingras by Tuesday, November 10th.
- ATTENDANCE: Members are required to attend all meetings. If a member misses a meeting, he/she must show verification of the absence being excused. Read the Parent Letter to find out more.
- GRADES: Members must maintain a specific number of points in their four academic classes. Grades will be checked periodically; however, if a member knows his GPA has fallen too low, it is best to bring that to a sponsor’s attention immediately. Read the Parent Letter to find out more.
- SERVICE HOURS: There is a specific number of volunteer hours members must acquire In order to participate in the tapping and induction activities in the Spring. Additionally, there is proper paperwork that must be completed and turned in for volunteer hours “to count.” Sponsors WILL NOT accept emails from parents or the supervisor/group leader of the activity verifying a member’s participation in community service hours. Proper documentation (Individual Community Service Hours) can be found on this NJHS blog above. Read the Parent Letter to find out more.
- DISCIPLINE: Members should have ZERO offenses to include but not be limited to pink slips (warning), pink slips (detention) writing assignments, etc. Discipline records will be reviewed periodically; however, a member should tell a sponsor ASAP if they have been found guilty of an infraction. Read the Parent Letter to find out more.
- DEADLINES: There will be a number of deadlines that MUST be met if a member wishes to stay in good standing and/or participate in various NJHS-related activities. With approximately 115 students who make up this prestigious organization, sponsors will not send out individual reminders. Rather, members have been encouraged to attend meetings, check the blog, check with other members, listen to the announcements, etc. to stay in-the-know. Read the Parent Letter to find out more.
- DUES & VERIFICATION: Verification of a parent/guardian reading the parent letter and electronic payment of dues are due no later than Tuesday, November 10th. Read the Parent Letter to find out more. https://tinyurl.com/yxrwlamo
- VIRTUAL INDUCTION: We will be having a virtual induction on the morning of Wednesday, November 4th. Parents, guardians, and/or loved ones are not permitted inside the building; therefore, a link has been provided below for your viewing purposes.
- Students need to meet Mr. Burdett in the lunchroom directly following the 7:40 bell on Wednesday, November 4th. He will be lining students up in alphabetical order. It is important that students LISTEN carefully to the instructions he will be providing.
- Students have been strongly encouraged to “dress for success.” male students have been encouraged to wear khaki or navy pants and a nice collared short. Female students have been encouraged to wear a dress or skirt with a nice top/sweater that is within dress code — make sure the length is long enough in the front and the back — or wear pants and a nice top/sweater. Students have been strongly encouraged NOT to wear shorts.
FYI: MEMBERS WERE NOT GIVEN A COPY OF THIS PARENT LETTER; THEREFORE, MEMBERS WILL NEED TO AT LEAST PRINT OUT THE 2nd PAGE OF THE LETTER TO GET THE VERIFICATION PORTION OF IT FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.