Valley Elementary Principal Spends Morning on the Roof

Campanotta on the roof 1   Campanotta on the roof 4

Campanotta on the roof 2

Dr. Linda Campanotta promised her students that she would spend the day on the roof of the school if one-half of the student population attended the school-wide Math/Technology and Book Fair Night, held October 3.  And even though the students fell just short of the goal, Dr. Campanotta still made good on the promise Рspending three hours on the roof Friday morning.

“We needed about 370 students to show up for it to be one-half of our student population,” said Dr. Campanotta.¬† “We had about 240 attend the event, which was still an incredible¬†number.¬† So, I decided to still reward the kids by going onto the roof, but¬†insteading of spending the entire day up there, I¬†only spent the morning.”

Dr. Campanotta said it was a fun experience for both her and the students, who came by to visit her. 

“They brought me water, and candy, and popsicles,” she said with a laugh. “They also wrote me notes thanking me for doing it and telling me it was awesome!”

Dr. Campanotta said she might still come up with a little extra reward for the second graders, who showed up in mass numbers for the event. 

“They really helped push our numbers up,” she said. “Some classes had 10-12 students show up.¬†I might still have to do something a little special to reward them.”

Be the first to comment on "Valley Elementary Principal Spends Morning on the Roof"