Aubrey Miller and Jane Hampton Honored With Journey Shaper Awards for Exceptional Leadership on Shelby County Board of Education

Shelby County Schools Logo

Shelby County Board of Education members Aubrey Miller and Jane Hampton were honored with Journey Shaper Awards by Superintendent Lewis Brooks to recognize their 12 years of exceptional leadership on the Shelby County Board of Education. Miller and Hampton, who were both elected to the board in 2010, were also honored with a reception in their honor prior to the November meeting.

Hampton has served the district as an educator, administrator, and board member for 49 years of total service.

“I want to thank you for your service on the board and to the students and staff of Shelby County,” Dr. Brooks said. “I personally want to thank you because I would not be married to the very special person that I am without you hiring her and bringing her from Mobile to work at Oak Mountain Elementary.”

Miller served two years on the board of education before being elected by his fellow board members as president in 2012.

“Thank you for your thoughtful, kind leadership to the board,” Dr. Brooks told Miller. “I have so much respect for how you lead. You have shown so much courage and strength with so many of the decisions you have had to make.”

“We are so appreciative of how you both have helped prepare our students for their journey,” Dr. Brooks added.

Be the first to comment on "Aubrey Miller and Jane Hampton Honored With Journey Shaper Awards for Exceptional Leadership on Shelby County Board of Education"