The Week of September 14th

Progress Reports will come home on Wednesday the 16th!  This week the students will read two short pieces on the subject of bullying.  The first is a non-fiction article dealing with cyberbullying.  We will read a short story fiction together in class.  The students will continue to work on summarizing and story sequencing.  We will also review nouns.  The vocabulary words for this week are:  malicious, harassment, recited, rigid, bureau, coarse, lisp, lithe, aggression, and potential.  The homework for Tuesday is to write the definition for each word and a sentence using the vocabulary word correctly.  There is no homework for Wednesday, unless your student doesn’t complete their classwork!  We will have a test on Friday covering the vocabulary, the non-fiction story, and nouns.  I will review with the students on Thursday and give them a study guide.

Book Reports!!!!  Information will be coming home today regarding their book report for this 9 weeks.  It will be due on October 2nd.

Please don’t hesitate to call me if you have any questions or concerns.  My email is tgiffin@shelbyed.k12.al.us.   I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!