so i ran a marathon, survived, but i’m now brain dead

which is probably to your benefit b/c you will all blog better than me this year

(although, if some of you take the chance to post “i read all about LSU’s 50-0 win over Bama” i can assure you that your blog will not only be rejected – but i will be very, very upset:)

so let’s see if i can recall what i read before i ran 26.2 miles in mobile (i have hardwear for viewing tomorrow b/c i’m just that awesome)

“redemption” by bryan clay – us decathlete wrote about his troubled upbringing, his mother’s faith, and clay’s eventual faith – and success as a rather short decathlete – very encouraging read for athletes – encouraging as well for how faith can change a life – and how people can impact others positively – great read

“code name verity” – sad book – great book though – story of historical fiction friendship in france/britain during WWII – spy, prison camp, lies to preserve life, tough choices – the book covers it all – more a high school than middle school read – series things happen to the two main characters – but great late adolescent book

okay, back to laundry

mafeld

17 thoughts on “so i ran a marathon, survived, but i’m now brain dead”

1. hey everybody i am reading the book wonderstruck and it is AWESOME!!!!! ihope you believe me and yall read it yourself…..
    i am going to write a pov from ben.

ben is a boy that is deaf in 1 ear. he does not know his dad and his mom died in an accident. he has no other family, so he went to live with his aunt,uncle,and his cousin.the only thing he has of his mother is the wooden box from her and his memories.he went back to his moms house and layed in his mothers bed. he went to make a phone call and as he put the phone to his ear, he was shocked by lightning on his good ear. he was now COMPLETLY deaf.

2. During the ball game just on the computer. Still involved with the fam. and watching the game (soooooooooooo jealous of whoever is there right now RTR!) anyways just taking a break while my parents are looking for something and they have paused the game. While you probably not caring about my personal life here goes nothin on my journals. Only 3 this week b/c he told us to chill tonight wooo-hooo!

Stealing Princess-

Monday- (POV from Honey O’Hare)
    (Remember they’re British) Oh my! There is this one American freak at my school and she is sooooo un me. She thinks she’s cool and she is sooooooo not I have never met anyone in my life who acts like her. People ask me why I don’t like her and I say because she is American of course. I would hate to be like her. She has no style and is crazy. She stole my BFF and I am sooooooooooo going to get her back.

Tuesday- Creative
    Continued from last Friday Morning’s Journal
    Dear Diary,
    Yep it’s me the crazy make believe lady,Kelli Makebelieve

So here is what happened to me.

Saturday- My balloon husband popped on Friday because he always does. So I had a funaral for him and decided that I couldn’t afford to keep paying for all those balloons with my whole paycheck (which is very low!) so I decided to let him go and divorce him. Unfortanally that day I got a call from Mr. Tryon saying that we had to go meet with the Shelby County School teachers on Monday. That I knew was not going to be fun. In case you haven’t noticed we don’t like to go into town because this year’s and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that and all the years after that is there because they can never seem to find Makebelieveland.

Sunday- I went to church and then went to file divorice with my husband.

Wendsday- Authors pourpose
    I think the author’s pourpose is to intertain. She is just tring to get middle school girls to read. I think. No, i know . This american girl she goes to a british bording school. She has a swor n enemy and is just tring to get through life. I think she is showing middle school girls you really can survive in a all girls bording school.

3. i am reading wonderstruck and it is a great book. last night i convinced my mom to let me stay up til like 10 and i ended up reading over 200 pages.i am going to do comparing and contrasting to what ben saw in AMNH and what i saw in AMNH(american musem of natural history) in New York City.
    in 1 of the halls @ AMNH, the insect hall is full of creepy, spine-tingling bugs that you would have never know existed. the amazing close ups of beetles, ants, moths, and there was even a giant model of the mosquito that was bigger than me. in the book there is even a picture of the large, disgusting mosquito. in another hall of the musem is the mammals. there are dioramas of every animal in the world. wolves,squirrels,racoons,moles,gophers,koalas and so many more that it could take a life time to name them all. the hall of african animals are really neat to. in the very center of the room is a gigantic statue of a herd of elephants. and for a fact they are HUGE. trust me. all of these wonderful creatures that live on earth was seen and mentioned in wonderstruck and Ben was just as amazed as i was when i saw the same as well.

4. Hey Mr. Mayfield. So first of all let me say, I want to read the geography book you told me about.
    Second of all, my brother being the crazy college kid that he is, has created a blog with his friend Jared Seale. Here is the link: http://www.longbandnames.blogspot.com/

He’s got some pretty funny stuff on it… If you are sick and tired of me, then you can read Jake’s blog and reminisce about the old days when you taught him.. Since he’s so much better than me..

So last night, I watched a little bit of the BCS Game. It didn’t disappoint.
    But I also watched The Bachelor because it makes me feel sane when I watch it. And I truly believe, when I watch that show, that I am not a lunatic.

Your mother knows I watched the Bachelor last night – She’s my friend on facebook ๐Ÿ˜€

Okay, so I’m blogging now. I’m reading The Maze Runner right now.
    I’m reading it on my NOOK! It’s a nook book…. or a book on the nook…. something like that.
    I love my Nook and it gives me great joy. My main goal when trying to find a book to read recently was to find one with a male role. FEMALE LEADS ARE GETTING ON MY NERVES!
    So the main character in the Maze Runner is named Thomas. And if I’m not mistaken, I think I heard it was a BOB book last year???? … Maybe?
    So Thomas wakes up in a strange place and he doesn’t know where he’s at and people are calling him weird names.
    There’s some pretty awesome slang throughout this book. It rocks!
    Most of the guys in this weird place are Jerks and it’s called the Maze. Thomas appeared in the Maze and he remembers nothing of his past life.. Here.
    So he’s confused and no one can give him a straight answer on what’s going on.
    Thomas finds out about people called runners that leave everyone else and travel around the maze trying to find a way out, to escape. But no one finds a way out. Thomas for some reason wants to go out in the maze, even though there are creepy monsters out there.
    Okay so that’s all.. -Julie

P.S. I want so badly to go to Write in the Middle again.. It has bugged me all week because I cannot think of anything decent to write for The County Literary Magazine… Grrrr :/

5. I’m going to a UAB basketball game tomorrow so I’m blogging twice.

Tuesday-I finished The Grimm Legacy but I’m blogging about it today. Marc and Elizabeth got out of the door with a magic stick that Marc grabbed o the way out. It can open any door or unlock anything. When they got out Aaron captured them and made Marc give him the key. Mrc gave him a fake key because he didn’t trust him. Aaron captured them in a bag but they couldn’t break it. Marc used the magic stick to break out of the top that Aaron had stapled together and theey ran. They were near Aaron and they thought that he would see them and he did. After a lot of cat-and-mouse he caught Elizabeth. She saw a hangnail and ripped it back. He pled and dropped her. Then they told him that they had the real key and he un-shrunk them.

Wednesday-Then they went to get Jaya from her house. After that they went to ‘visit’ a woman. They took Andre (Marc’s little brother that always came to the repository after he went to his friends house) because during the visit Marc got turned into a statue and they went to Mr. Stone’s appartment. When they got there Stone was being nice until he tried to knock them out with magic. Since Anjali had gotten turned into a puppet at the woman’s house she couldn’t help. Elizabeth grabbed Andre in her arms and he got the Kudo. She put on one seven league boot and ran with Andre. She ended up in Nowhere where the homeless woman that she gave her shoes to lives. Her shoes had been enchanted and it helped her since she didn’t have her sense of direction. That’s all until Thursday.

Trent

6. i am reading marino mision and this book is a little different than others. there are vocabulary words, along with definitions all throughout the book, it sounds like a totally bumming book but its actually really good! alexa wants to work with the dolphins but instead finds herself in a lab thats actually more fun than it sounds. when taking a break on the beach a new boy smiles and waves at her. and then she runs away. talk about a moment that belongs in ‘mr. mayfield’s book of dating advice’ ๐Ÿ˜€
    then she saw him in the cafeteria and he ran into a wall. awkward!
    P.S. i am working on my short story called ‘little shoes fit little people’
    its about a girl named temmi who findsherself lost in the world of the mr. and mrs. house. im not exactly sure how it ends, but imclose!

7. Well I am doing my journals!(:
    Monday-Author’s Purpose
    I think the author’s purpose is to entertain while telling a serious story about a girl and her family. No idea where her dad is and her mom ends up running away from her daughter. She is then forced to live with her friend until Friday. After Friday she has to go live with a foster family. She always wonders why all the fake ID’s and they always change their names.
    Tuesday-POV of Chassity Pureheart
    Well, good this get any worse? I don’t know where my dad is and my mom just runs away. She wouldn’t just leave me. I just feel so useless and I don’t know if I can take much more. Ever since that man tried to kill me I have been in a trauma. Well, I hope my mother comes back and everything will be the same again.
    Wednesday-Creative
    Well, I am alone once again. On my on with only my mind to talk to. have I gone crazy? No, probably not yet. So my family loves me huh? Then when trouble comes the just vanish. Wow! That is a good way to show love and appreciation. Well, I don’t need love any more. I have me and teats all I need. You probably want to know what happened. Well… that’s a whole new story…

8. Hey everyone! I have just finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I can’t belive that Snape kill Dumbledore! Though it shouldn’t surprise me. I aree that Snape was always a little questionable. I think that it’s really cool that Bill is going marry Fleur! I also think it’s really cool that Harry dates Ginny, even if it’s just for a little while. If I changed the ending of this story, I would have left them together. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m not sure if I would have left Dumbledore alive though. It added an excelent twist to the story. Even better was when Snape killed him! (Though, I already mentioned that.) I really can’t wait to finish this series. Harry has changed so much since the first book and I want to see how J.K Rowling plans to top the other six with the last. I Really enjoy this series and I recomend it if you haven’t already read it, and, if you hav, read it again!!!! ;D

9. Hey mr mayfield I’ll blog for fifteen minutes on creative writing. One day joe was walking home when he saw a beautifull girl an stopped and asked her her name. She told him and gave him her number. The problem was he didn’t have a phone so he tried to use his moms and she didn’t like it. So she forbid him from her phone he saw the girl and told her he didn’t have a phone but he didn’t car so she said okay what’s your home phone I’ll call you they talked for hours about random stuff and he asked her out she said yes and they lived happily ever after

10. hey mr mayfield… i finished the book WONDERSTRUCK and it was AMAZING!!! if anyone has not read it, they should totally read it. i know i am reading something new but i can get ! more blog out of it. i am going to do a SOAPSTONE for my last WONDERSTRUCK blog. ๐Ÿ™ i am sad to let this book go.
    S-ben
    O-ben saw a woman in the musem and he was told that she comes often,so the next day he goes to kincaids and finds out that the woman is actually his grandmother.
    A-the reader-any age
    P-he went to kincaids to see if anyone knew his dad.
    S-he was never told about his dad.
    T-warm-hearted/ he finnaly finds his grandmother and he learns sign language
    o
    n
    e

11. Hey mr. Mayfield. I am going to do a few blogs today on the book Graceling that so far is a great book.
    Journal 1- I left off as she was clearing a path for her friends Ole and Giddon who are busting out a friend from the jail. he was a Liienid. He was the father of the the king of the Lienid’s and his name was Prince Tealiff. He was reported missing for a week now, and they tracked it down all the way to the dungeons of Murgon. She was on a secret mission from the council to retreive this man. So as she left the garden with her friends a little ways behind her, she was wrapped up from behind by some person. She grabbed there arm and flipped them over her shoulders. He landed on his feet, and she turned to him to see that he was a Lienid. They exchanged a few words and she knew he knew she was a girl.
    #2- She started to walk away from him, but he knew to much about her. She kicked swiftly at his head and he fell to the ground with a thud. She walked to her horse, and immediatley her friends came behind her, and joined her as they mounted Tealiff on his horse. He was unconcious, and shivering, so they wrapped him up tightly in blankets. They then rode on back to King Randa who is Katsa’s Uncle. He was the king of Middluns that is in the very middle of the 5 nations on the penninsula. It was a nation of seven nations- Middlun, Estill, Wester, Sunder, and Nunder lied on the penninsula, and the other two,Lienid and Monsean were on an island.
    #3- I’m going to do an alternate ending. So Katsa is fighting the guards at the wall, and she is suddenly hit in the back of the head by a rock that was thrown by one of the guards sons, because it was “Take your kid to work day”. She was knocked out, and woke up in the dungeon where she had just left. She tried to break free, but she was held down by chains. She saw some torches in the distance, and then footsteps started to near toward her in the dark as a creepy shadow of a tall man began to emerge out of the shadows. He told her that he was the head guard and that he was never going to let her go until she agreed to work for them for eternity. She said no so she was left down there until she starved to death and died. The End:)

12. Alright, quick, blogging. I must keep writing….
    The Hunger Games

Tues.- Yeah, I’m rereading the Hunger Games… again. This is my sixth time now reading it. Still awesome. Peeta’s still awesome too- btw. He’s an awesome person (again with my love for people that aren’t real…)
    So in the beginning Katniss basically gives you a run-through of her life before that point, how her dad died when she was young and she had to take care of her family.
    Wed.- So Katniss is in the woods with Gale (who we don’t know that we hate yet, btw, we aren’t that far into the story) and he rants a lot about the Captiol, which isn’t too far off. I probably would too. But then when he hugs Katniss I just want go all kung-foo on him, because the dude really bugs me… Really bad. (Take a moment to imagine Kaitlin going all kung-foo on Gale… laugh now.)
    Thurs.- So Katniss and Peeta go off onto the fancy Captiol-train and when Haymitch vomits all in the car…. So Peeta offers to give him a bath instead of her, so she immediately jumps to conclusions… ‘he’s gonna kill me. he acts nice, but in that twisted mind of his he wants to kill me.’
    Yeah, Katniss just has problems like that. So then they get to the Capitol and she meets her prep team who informs her she’s incredibly hairy… Go figure. There’s just something about Flavious’s purple lipstick that isn’t very manly… i just haven’t pinned my finger on it yet. The Capitol folk need to watch ‘What not to Wear…’

Alright, who else cries when they watch The Hunger Games trailer and Katniss volunteers for Prim???? I does

-Saint K
    -when the moon is blue, the clock strikes noon

13. hey mr mayfield im doing 15 mins on a new halo book i got.

tues- my new book is called cryptum and it is the first book in the forerunners sage.the forerunners are extinct and very intelegent creatures that lived thremillion years ago. they were the first to invent many things such as armour that lets you live for hundreds of years. they are the ones who created the halo universe

weds-so this is the story of how the forerunners disapeared. it starts out with a fore runner on earth that is on a boat. he is listening to classical music that the humans are playing and waiting for a kraken to dissapear. the humans say that he needs to take of of his armour because it is disturbing the kraken. then he has a flashback from when his real dad sends him to go live with another family and that family giving him the armour.

thurs- he talks to the ai in his armour and then takes it off. he has a flashback to the human-forerunner war and he remembers a woman called the librarian that took over earth after the forerunners one the war. he says he doent know why but she insisted that she take it over. then his ai tells him that she used to work for the librarian. and he takes of his suit.

14. UAB lost. Barely. ๐Ÿ™

Last blog so I’m doing creative.
    Today we’re taking my dog to the vet. Ehh, I hate when she rides in the car. She always trys to stand up but falls down and yelps. She’s such a sissy. When we got there the vet was glad to see her. Apparently she is really good for him. I wish that would rub off at home. She was scheduled to stay there all day and we would pick her up tonight.

When we picked her up there was really good news that the vet was going to give us. It turns out that she was pregnant. We were so excited to know that we were going to have seven puppies in two months. That’s probably why she wasn’t being herself for the last few weeks or, especialy, in the car. She was acting sick on the way home but the vet said he had given her something to calm her down. That’s all for the week.

Trent

15. Hey mr Mayfeild today is my last blog on colt.so her we go I think the author put this in because he wanted included he was known every when he went to Peru thenhe saw this place called the flower of Texas he was known every where then he put in he was detracting season 2008 to his late cousin but I don’t have time for anymore see you tomm

16. actually got don quixote from BAM today ๐Ÿ™‚

Song of today is the Man Who Can’t Be Moved by the Script. left off with winston correcting various historical mistakes. Today’s most prominent error is a certain Comerade Withers, who never existed. NEVER. Winston decides to write about Comerade Oglivy, who we should all model ourselves after. At age three, he refused all toys except for a drum and a toy machine gun. He enlisted right after high school and saved several lives during raids. He was in a helicopter after stealing some intel when the helicopter spun out of control, its tail rotor shot off. he weighted his body with his assault rifle and jumped, taking out twelve enemies on the way down. Winston submits the story for editing and cross-referencing, then reflects on how the ‘minitrue’ controls all media: music, movies, books, magazines, everything. Winston walks down to the cafeteria and eats with Syme, who talks about the aim of Newspeak being to narrow the range of thought, eliminate shades of words. for instance, the words good and great are unnessacary when good and plusgood exist. Eventually, everything will be narrowed to one word. he ridicules people who use oldspeak like Winston. the telescreen gives a sort blurb on how chocolate rations will be increased to 20 grams, where yesterday it was reduced to twenty. the people around him believe that this is perfectly normal and no cause of confusion. he goes home to recount the experience in his diary, where he realizes that the diary is in no way helping his anger or depression. he also comes to the realization that doublethink, the idea that one word can have two meanings, is the key to how the party controls the past. Doublethink allows people to believe that the slogans like War is Peace and Freedom is Slavery make sense, and therefore Minitrue can pump out lies of everything that ever happened. Winston mentally collapses under the psychological weight of these revelations. He realizes that (amazing idea number 10003) his own nervous system will betray him in less than a second. his reactions, monitored by the telescreens, will set alarms ringing from inside the thoguht police’s base. that’s three, i’m off!

17. Tuesday

I have been reading the book, taken. its about a girl who is kidnapped by a group paramedics. She flashes back many times to happy times. she even had classes back in her school about kidnapping because there were so many. she lived in the safest neighborhood in the usa and still got kidnapped as she would call it.

Wednesday

Dear taken girl(your name is never mentioned),
    As always i put myself in your position and talk. If i were you i wouldnt care if i got shot leaving the ambulance. You knw that they probably wont do anything because if they do the deal will be off and they dont get money. also, how many people can an ambulance hold five or six. thereโ€™s not that many so i would atleast make a break for it. if they shoot you, they shoot you. theyre not going to make you suffer so it will either be a one shot one kill or they just dont shoot at all. i may have just saved the day for you. but theres still a whole lot of reading to be done so i will soon find out if you follow my advice.

Thursday

i think that the reasoning of this book was to tell the reader to always be prepared. dont go into anyones car if you dont know them. if an ambulance comes make sure that your mom, dad, or guardian goes with you. make sure to check the ambulanceโ€™s personel license. remember to alwyas be prepared and never ever go into an ambulance. tell the driver that you want to ride with your parent. also, if an ambulance comes to your house for no reason and says that they got a phone call that the girl is sick, this is for you parents, dont let em go.