c’mon at you faster than the next state primary…

ola,

first, ya’ll ain’t got no bizness posting this week b/c ya’ll are memorizing monologues of the ye olde shakespearean type – but that doesn’t mean your teacher can’t post:)

“the kentucky derby” by nicholson – great, great reading on an event 140-ish years old – i’m not a horsey guy, but the derby is THE DERBY – not that we watch all the same three channels anymore – anyway, the book interested me, would interest you collectively (would actually make a decent BOB) by using the derby as a picture of america – that what the derby was about at a give time was what we were about – and, to boot, i’ll never confuse kentucky with the old south ever again:)

“playing with a purpose: baseball” by yorkey – comes out in the spring – book about the faith of baseball players in The Bigs – of course, no cubs… anyway, gripping stories from some of those guys – incredible stories of how their lives have been changed – great middle school guy read

“giving” by clinton – library book – book on the power of a person to make a difference in the world – you get old like me, you don’t tend to believe in that any more so it was a good encouragement

i started the ken jennings “maphead” but i’ll wait until i finish it before reviewing – hope your break is wonderful and that you enjoy citing Shakespeare monday

sincerely,

mafeld

2 thoughts on “c’mon at you faster than the next state primary…”

1. Hey! I have finished The Deathly Hallows, which means I have finished the whole Harry Potter Series!!! Now, all that’s left is the movies! I think that its really sad that Tonks and Lupin died. Why kill off the werewolf??? I kind of find it insulting to kill one twin and blow the others ear off, what did twins ever do to J.K Rowling? I really liked the very end though, were she rights about Harry’s life with Ginny and Ron’s with Hermonie. I think that this was an excellent series. It’s a bit like the Hunger Games: Snow-Voldemort; Percy Jackson: Magic, prophecies, (and another Percy) and Twilight: True love, vampires, and werewolves! I LOVE this book! (But not as much as Merritt)

2. i am making up my blog, sorry! my totally biggest mistake in my life! (probably since mr. mayfield owns a sword he hides in the back of his room) 🙂
    antyways in marino mission alexa went out to the beach again and when she did a dolphin started swimming with her, and they could understand each other almost, the dolphins had freckels so she named her freckles, i’ve never seen a dolphin with freckles. the people there named her pecas, wich is spanish for freckles. pecas had a baby but she got lost, poor baby dolphin.