up from the grave, olive-a writes!!!

so, yes, it’s resurrection day – and yes, you still don’t have to blog – you, my friends, MUST NEEDS TEST!!!

(evil laugh)

yes, try and stress hugely b/c your life hinges on these big huge tests that you will take next week

(sarcasm pause)

so, i guess this gives me free reign of the blog this week since no one will read – olive-a – it was a blessing to get your addendum to the last blog – glad that you’re reading hunger games – as a guy, or rather, as a “Mr. Mayfield” guy that seems to miss every relational cue, i totally missed that the love triangle that i suppose makes this series loveable to all – i, in contrast, found the first book terrible – i thought katniss was an awful character b/c she was selfish – true to only herself and not willing to sacrifice herself – like peeta was

now, thankfully, the series got better for me – and in a wonderful display of irony and total contempt upon her audience “lookin’ for love in all the wrong places,”  i think my YA group was totally dissastified with the ending – that there wasn’t a big wedding – a big love fest – instead, the series ends like life does – messy, but with hopeful linings if you look for them

and that leads me to the lone book i read this week (i read some publications – christianity today, SI, espn the mag, sabr, the economist, etc…)

“for the love of the game” by sl price – mike coolbaugh, 35-ish year old first base coach, in 2007 is hit in the neck with a line drive foul ball and dies instantly in a minor league game – the book tells his story, his family’s story, the story of the guy that hit the ball – even others around – terrible event – disrupted life forever for many – and the book is one of the darker books that i’ve ever read because price didn’t try to find some silver lining at the end to neatly wrap it all up – it obviously makes you wonder about how you spend your days – and whether you tell those around you often enough that you love them b/c you just never know when your days are done…

so, in hopes that the ARMT kills you all:)

LOVE!!!

One thought on “up from the grave, olive-a writes!!!”

1. Well, I am looking forward to reading the next two books in the series, -Luckily the Easter Bunny brought me Catching Fire-

I am also reading 2 other books. “Identical” by Ellen Hopkins, and Thr3e by Ted Decker. I’ve barely gotten into any of the three books yet, but I plan to get a head jump on “Catching Fire” tomorrow.

Personally I found Katniss to be a pretty awesome character, but my favorite character is Peeta. I ADORE PEETA!!!

I find my lack of wanting to do my work in math class, is boosting my reading time 🙂

anyway, I have to go watch Glee. Personally I think that the character of Quinn has become a MAJOR disappointment. Especially this season.

anyway type at you later
    ~Olive-A