“you know, they’re probably more vulnerable now…”

okay, brilliant thought for the day brought to you by the man and his son that sit behind me – now for three years strong at the bama games – first series yesterday for the opposing team, the owls of fla atlantic have a third and one – and they delay the gameΒ and are backed up five yards – and the father says “ooh, they’re going to be better now here b/c we would’ve stopped their run” – and i’m like “seriously??? you think third and six is better than third and one??? quick! tell coach saban so he can decline the penalty!!!”

“Never Fall Down” – so i finished this book in a day – yesterday to be exactΒ – 1/2 before the bama game – and 1/2 during the game (thank you pay-per-view timeouts – really people, if you pay $40 for a game, why should you have to see commercials???) and so i’m done with high school BOB – don’t consider this a high school book at all – serious topic, 197os cambodia-vietnam conflict – serious issues (child soldier) – but in my high school days, we actually would’ve, oh, i don’t know… READ about the conflict and what happened and grappled with the US involvement – rather than read a child’s novelization…

“Catherine the Great” – yeah!!! finished friday – took forever – if she’d only had like five lovers instead of 12, maybe the book could’ve come in at 475 instead of 575 – anyway, catherine was great b/c she got rid of poland (literally) and developed the ukraine – and she was russia’s last female leader – unique character – but like reading a russian novel, it required some patience – the names probably most similarily to a novel from the same country

freed up from BOB obligations now and with a “big, serious” book finished, i’m looking to go brain dead for the rest of the fall – good times await:)

77 thoughts on ““you know, they’re probably more vulnerable now…””

1. I’m still reading The People of Sparks, and since I’m at the library it’s going to be a short blog.

Okay, so I left off when Torren was telling Lina about what everyone’s been talking about, the Disaster. I never really got to know about it yet but so far I found out why Ember was built in the first place. It was built right before the disaster, and people needed a safe place to stay. So they rounded up some people who wouldn’t live very long and gave each person a baby. They were to raise that baby in Ember to they can rule it in the future.

This sort of goes back to the first book because the Emberites were supposed to show up at Sparks forty years earlier but the seventh mayor of Ember kept the instructions on how to get out and they weren’t found until Lina found them and deciphered them.

That’s all I’ll be able to do today because I have to get back to class. Bye

2. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

“How are you today”

“Good how are you”

(no response)

You know that”s how a ton of people are you try to be nice and ask them how there doing. The least they can do is say good or not well. Not just ignore you and walk away. Well that has totally appliance to my book in anyway!!:D

Ok im reading Rangers Apprentice and i don’t really understand it. So I started reading the 9 weeks challenge but that didn’t work either. ( I forgot what it was called.) So I’m just going to tell you about my room.

Ok so, Im just kidding!! I do have to agree with you that is really creepy to hear about someones room!!

But I do love your Mom. She is soooooooo FUNNY!! Im not trying to do that sweet talk thing that you told us not to do. But I do see where you get your humor from!!

Well now I got to go my mom is yelling at me for some dumb reason Im sure

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    πŸ™‚ (Tee hee)

3. ok bailey, #1 harry potter is not the best series in the world, hunger games is #2 i read “a series of unfortuate events” and it sucked #3 I REFUSE TO DIE IN A HOLE!!!!!!!

4. AnnMarie when you tell people you are not so bad at spelling, maybe you should spell those words right (i quote, “bealeave” “scolors” “spelt”)
    OH AND LIKE I WASN`T A GOOD INNTERROGATOR! You JUST CAN`T STAND THE FACT I WON!!!! BOO-YAH!!!!! (p.s-HI AMANDA VICK I JUST MET YOU 2-DAY!!!!!) Oh that makes me think-
    hey i just met you
    and this is crazy-
    HOLY CRAP IM TURNING INTO CARLY RAE JEPSEN HELP ME!!!!

5. I never got to make up my third blog so I am going to blog twice agian to day. Oh and I have no idea what or why people are talking about brownies it probably has nothing to do with brownies but I want a brownie Mr. Mayfield please ( I love brownies ) I have been good. πŸ™‚

Creative

Second after second I wait
    In the white dull room I can hear the clock tick tock tick tock
    I can hear pencils screetching on the paper
    I crab the papers and run to the other side of the room
    My grip is loose and the wind catches the ends of the paper and they fligh high in every direction as soon as it hits the ground people flud in to help I step back and go to my seat I can hear pencils taping and books slaming and people talking I hear kids out side the door rustling and giggling
    Then I hear the first bell
    Then I hear people burst out of the other class rooms and run to the bus
    I hear my bell I am the first peson out of the class room
    I am on the bus The day is over ( No offense Mr.Mayfield sense your my last class πŸ™‚ )

6. 1. Really Bailey no one can point out YOUR spelling but yet EVERY body points out MY spelling.
    2. If you ever go out and read all the blogs everyone writes you will have a GIANT laugh.
    3. I know this is kinda mean but, Carden maybe tomorrow you can try NOT to color your face. And yeah I know “you can kick my butt” haha that’s rich!!!!
    4. And Carden going around saying you can kick peoples butts and saying u can beat them up and that your going to can get you suspended.
    5. I’m gonna do a poem today about the first random thing that comes into my mind ( oh no πŸ˜‰ )

I’m not the best at THIS,
    I’m not the best at THAT.
    Everyone points and stares,
    Everyone sits and laughs.
    They think it’s just SO funny,
    That I embarrassed my self just ONCE.
    Is it REALLY funny when I get hurt?
    But yet people around the world get abused EVERY day!
    THAT’S not funny,
    So how come when I get hurt its SO funny?!
    People commit suicide EVERY day,
    Some times JUST because enough people laughed at them.
    If its SO funny when I get hurt,
    Then read this poem again and watch the world change before your eyes.
    Because one you’ll figure out,
    That everyone has feelings,
    Everyone gets hurt.
    It’s NOT funny when someone trips or falls,
    And when the days comes that you learn this,
    The people around you will be pleased that the days they dred are over.

^
    For anyone who’s been laughed at or been picked on.
    And for anyone who’s been abused ( yeah it DOES happen in the real world )

7. It’s supposed to be “one day you’ll figure out” not “one you’ll figure out”

Sorry i messed up alittle

8. Creative, again!! πŸ™‚
    Rain

The coolness of the raindrops is soothing.
    Jumping in puddles fills me with happiness.
    Hearing the raindrops calms me.
    It’s a kid’s favorite thing: getting wet.
    Raindrops dripping of my nose and splashing on my toes.
    Who doesn’t love the rain?

9. WAZZZZZZ!!!!!! UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Creative

The day is long and hard I feel like I am about to fall apart
    I hear the teacher talking and just get up and start walking
    I hear her start to call my name and enstead of stoping I just keep walking
    The news I just found out I started to freak out
    My friend had a car wreck and was in the hospital
    They would not tell me any thing else because I am not family
    The first think that poped into my head was she is dead
    I walked the 5 miles to the hospital strat out of class walked up to the front desk and sayed her name the lady pointed to the room that had no people in it I looked I and no one was there exept her chart she had passed away
    in the room I said knowing she was there A golden heart stop beating hardworking hands at rest god proved to us he only takes the best

10. Hi, this is my creative piece for the week I will be writing a cinquain poem

Government
    Powerful, strong
    Makes all decisions
    Full of authority
    Law

11. hey mr mayfield this week i read wnesday wars. it’s a pretty exciting and interesting book. although i think it could use a little more action. also i am going to write a poem.

day after day i go to school
    and they feed me some nasty greul
    even though it can be boring
    i still had a wild week
    on monday i lost my work
    on teusday i accidentally swolled my fork
    wednesday was crazy because my work was awful
    thursday was disgusting in science class a frog jumped down my shorts
    i was so glad when friday came because thats when we had pudding at lunch
    well its all for the money i guess

12. Waz up blog readers? In your face brownie lovers, I had a brownie today. Eat my swag! These are three creative poems.

Time

Tick-tock.
    The hand rotates round and round.
    Quickly.
    You don’t want to leave your friend’s house.
    You anxiously hope your mom gets destracted.
    Time has different speeds.
    In this situation, it is going fast.
    It is wide awake with the excitement going on.
    Sometimes it decides to go slow.
    Sitting in last block.
    The clock seems to become bored with learning,
    dozing off and slowing time.
    Time is never entertained when wanted,
    or bored when wanted.
    Therefore, have fun in everything you do.
    Have a positive attitude.
    Then maybe Father Time will give mercy.

Shoes

Treds make contact with the ground.
    An occasional pebble is sent flying.
    You must watch where you are going,
    or you could trip and fall.
    Your back, also important.
    One bad injury, and you could be in a
    wheelchair for life.
    This is a happy poem though.
    Your shoes are like memories.
    Wherever you go,
    your shoes go to.
    You stand where a movie star once stood,
    in a bestselling blockbuster.
    Your feet actually touched.
    You did not, your shoes did.
    Take care of your shoes,
    they contain many memories.

Detention

They said I complained too much,
    when the homework was announced.
    So here I am in detention,
    all because of my mouth.
    So here I sit surrounded by these kids,
    who are six foot tall and have mustaches.
    They have suffered puberty,
    that is true.
    Still I wonder, to get into detention
    what did they do?
    When the teacher picks up a book,
    I lean over and ask.
    He was one with a stache,
    and breath that smelt like trash.
    I said “Yo dude,” trying to sound cool.
    “What exactly did you do?”
    He said it simply, as true as can be.
    Using a lot of words I’m not allowed to speak.
    When the time was up, I knew one thing,
    what he said was not to be repeated as long as I’m living.

Thx for reading!

13. I am going to tell you the jist of chapters 6 and 7. Ok well Tyray gets 40 dollars from Lark and he goes to 43rd street on the way home from school and he tries to find Jupiter to get the gun. But instead he finds this weird, skimpy kid and he says that he has a gun but 40 dollars will only get him a cheap gun. The skimpy weird kid says meet me at Muscleman Gym toinght at 11:00. So that night Tyray went up to his room saying he was tired. He sat on his bed listening to the TV that his dad was watching. At 10:30 he heard hid dad turn off the TV with a click. He heard his dad’s footsteps get closer and closer. Tyray thought at first that his dad was going to come in until he heard his dad’s footsteps start to fade away. He got ready to go at 10:50 and crept down the stairs out the door. He starts to walk to Muscleman Gym. When all of a sudden he sees a cop car’s lights and he thought to himself if they stop him they would wonder why he is out so late and why he has a pocket full of cash. So avoiding the cops he runs into an alley and he feels the cops lights beaming from side to side in the alley and they don’t see him because he is blocked by a rusty old van. So he jumps over a fence into a person’s yard and their dog stars to bark and then a light from inside the house turns on. But Tyray keeps running and then jumps the other fence heading the opposite way of the police. Tyray starts to walk to the gym and he looks at his watch, 11:10. He starts to run and when he gets there it is 11:15. He wonders if the weird skimpy kid set him up. Then he heard a voice from the darkness. Then all of a sudden he feels and hears a CRACK! The sound rocketed through Tyray’s skull. Then he noticed that he was bleeding on the back of his head. Then the pocket that had the 40 dollars in it was empty, Tyray had gotten robbed. Tyray stomped home with anger and frustration. He was so mad. He crept in his house. Tyray woke up the next morning with a big blood stain on his pillow. He got a new clean pillow case a put it on there.

14. I’ve learned two things about myself today. 1. I’m so lazy i only blog on th ursday night at 9:00. 2. I can’t finish a book. I’ve gone through 3 books in 3 weeks. Well here comes my first journal. Im reading Playing with a Purpose. I found it funny about how it said Kyle Korvers mother scored 40 points a when she played back in school. It sounds like she should be in the NBA instead!

15. I also read that Kyle Korver got to play basketball with other kids on a regular basis. I wish I could have that chance. I know I go to Wednesday night church, but that’s only an hour. You hear about Kyle Korver and Scottie Pippen and other people, playing basketball everyday with friends in their childhood. I wish I could play with friends every day but all i get I the chance to go outside a shoot everyday. :'(

16. It also talked about Kyle Korver moving, and I thought about how I could never move. I would never want to move frim wilsonville. I live this town, i love CMS, I love all the friends I have, it would be impossible for me to move.

17. Sorry I accidentally clicked submit. But like I said, i couldn’t live anywhere else but wilsonville. If I did, it would be the hardest thing I’d have ever done. Now im done. Goodnight everybody:)

18. so i forgot to blog last night so i am going to blog right now so my book is anout percy killing one of his teachers turns out none of the other teachers knew who that was so any way he does that and that was pretty much all that part of that5 chapter was about so that is about it so see you.

19. hey mr mayfield i will do a five min blog on the authors purpose.

pat sullivan had to choose between auburn and alabama he chose auburn because he had always liked them more than any team and if there was anywhere he wanted to go it was to auburn. i think the author included this because he wanted to say you will face hard choises just go with what your heart feels it right.

P.S.- I MADE MY FIRST TOUCHDOWN

20. Heeeeey whats up?!
    Replies:
    *Amanda: 3/4 of the world ( inside joke )
    *Caleb: Hal the world ( inside joke )
    *Every one else i hope: half the world
    *What everyone ACTUALLY says: the sky, space, taxes, gas prices

Ok, i have a question, what is IT with everyone and brownies?! is it like EVERYONE just has to be obsessed with brownies at the moment? Well i dont care so im gonna be obsessed too. I LOVE BROWNIES!!!!!!!!! and Mr.Mayfield if anyone deserves a brownies it would be ME! NOT Anna because shes beside me right now and she keeps messing up my typing ( grrr ) And mama mayfield, you are SO funny i SO get where mr. Mayfield got his humor from. πŸ˜‰

Alrighty
    1. today i am gonna spell almost EVERYTHING right! ( hopefully )
    2. I STILL deserve a brownie ( but don’t we all? )
    3. I’m gonna do ANOTHER poem today yeah, yeah, yeah I KNOW you TOTALLY miss my really long blog posts ( or at least pretend you do )
    4. I dont know what im gonna blog about so i’m gonna write a poem about the first thing that pops into my head ( and no that is NOT brownies )

ok, my ACTUAL poem is gonna start………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….NOW!!!!!!! ( haha )

WAIT!!!!!! Im not gonna do my blog now cause ANNA ( uhg ) wants to do her blog now and shes making me go so she can do her TOTALLY less awesome blog.

Peace Out Homies πŸ˜‰ and fellow gt-ers ( Andrew made up that word and now I’m using it )

And I JUST noticed, after I typed ALL this that you dont blog on Fridays ( grrr I’m So stupid sometimes )

Bye πŸ˜‰

21. ok this part is to annmarie-
    1.I AM SO A BETTER LAWYER THAN U!!!!
    2.I DESERVE A BROWNIE MORE THAN YOU DO!!!!
    3.THE BELL IS ABOUT TO RING SOOOOOOO-
    to janie-
    HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BYE!!!!!!

23. Be exited, now I will try to do a stupid abc poem.

Always remember me
    Between the lines is where you should read
    Can`t is not an answer
    Dream today, live tommorow
    Emptiness is where you haven`t tried
    Fear is not an option
    Greatness is your destiny
    Handle your power-controll your life
    Integrity is key
    Just amaze them like you always have
    Keep yourself in line
    Live the way you choose
    Many have tried
    Nobody has succeded
    Only you control your fate
    Please remember me
    Question those who don`t
    Remember the lesson I teach you
    Stand up for what you believe in
    Together; we unite
    United we stand
    Very many have failed but you will not
    Walk with pride
    eXactly the thing we need
    You are the one to win
    Zip to the prize