your official BCS pregame journal coverage – right here, right now…

three new, one old books this week…

“My Road to Kenya” by O’Leary and Clare – a book on making a difference in another country – about fighting corruption – about spurring others on to do good deeds – about not taking pictures on top of your car while on safari:) very good picture of Kenya and its problems and beauty

“Because I said So” by Ken Jennings – are the things your parents say – that you shouldn’t cross your eyes b/c they’ll freeze that way – are those things right or just heresay??? the book was pretty interesting – moved fast – and might make me rethink how i do some things – like, i shouldn’t apparently be washing my hair ever day – so if you wonder about the smell:)

“i shouldn’t even be doing this” by newhart – mom gave me “Newhart” season one – 82-83 season – for Christmas – and oh, it was so funny – b/c i’m just that old i guess – anyway, i had to check out the comic’s book – from 2006 – really funny – cute – comedy is very different today – sadly, it’s often not as intellectually stimulating

“in due time” by wayne atcheson and jay barker – i reread this one – after about 20 years – very interesting – in ways, barker was an earlier tebow – and the question i got from reading it was just how the book would be written today – like, after what jay’s gone through in the last 20 years, how his story would change – or how he’d see things – b/c i think tebow will have those questions to ask as well – the interesting thing about a book written when you’re 20 is that what you think is your “peak” is really just the first little hill you’ve climbed – good, bad or otherwise – but for tebow and barker, it all likelihood, their top of the chart moment was really early in life – and how do you deal with that, knowing that you peaked really early? it’s a good question, i think

hope your first week back of journaling is good – or for anna, her 80th consecutive week of journaling b/c she never stopped:)

mafeld

93 thoughts on “your official BCS pregame journal coverage – right here, right now…”

1. ‘Caligula’, more properly Gaius (Gaius Julius Caesar Germanicus), was the third Roman emperor, in succession to Tiberius. He has gone down in history, perhaps unfairly, as Rome’s most tyrannical emperor, but since we lack Tacitus’ account of his short reign, it is impossible to know the truth behind the wilder stories.

Gaius was the son of the popular Germanicus and the great-grandson of Augustus – with the blood of Augustus from both sides of his family. From age two to four he lived on the Rhine with his father’s legions, and the soldiers gave him the affectionate nickname ‘Caligula’, or ‘Bootikins’.

After the death of his brother in 33 AD he was, with Gemellus (grandson of Tiberius), next in succession, and lived with Tiberius on Capreae. When Tiberius died in 37 AD, the Praetorian Prefect Macro ensured that Gaius, not Gemellus, became emperor. It was also rumoured that Gaius and the Praetorian Prefect Macro had hastened the death of Tiberius by smothering him with a pillow. Gemellus and Macro were both put to death at the beginning of the new reign.

2. Monday- I decided to stop reading Eldest because nothing was happening. The new book that I am reading The Serpent’s Shadow by Rick Riordan. This book is the third book in the Kane Chronicles. I read the first book, The Red Pyramid, when it came out. I accidentally skipped the second book so I may go back to it when I finish this book. This continues with Sadie and Carter Kane but they have a different enemy. This series isn’t like Harry Potter where they fight Voldemort the whole time. Sadie and Carter are trying to destroy a giant snake that ate the sun before he destroys the world. Their mission is a little bit harder because Walt, a charm maker, is the only person that can save them but he has a family curse.

Tuesday- Walt’s curse causes him extreme pain and he is already supposed to die. He will probably die right before the giant snake is supposed to take over the world. Carter and Sadie have devised a plan to capture the snake’s shadow (probably where the name of the book came from) and they are going to destroy it. This is where Walt comes in because only he can make the sculpture to capture the shadow. In the Underworld souls are disappearing. Carter and Sadie’s mom is about to get sucked into a black whole that Carter found out was the snake’s shadow. After talking to the god Thorth, who is under attack so that he can’t escape and really help Carter and Sadie, they found out that they were on the right track.Well that was Monday and Tuesday’s. I will do Wednesday and Thursday’s tomorrow.

Trent

3. oh, yeah, and my blog/poem about CMS would’ve been longer if the bell hadn’t rung.

so this is what, my second blog for the week, right?

i’ve gotten a little deeper into my GONE book, and it’s actually getting really interesting. Sam, Quinn, Astrid, and Edilio just found Little Pete in the control room for the nuclear plant. (btw, in case i never said, Little Pete is autistic) and Sam just spilled some news that he could shoot lasers out of his hands. weird stuff…….???

may i remind you, that there are NO parents in any of these books……..no people to make food, broadcast the weather, take care of babies, look out for scandals and criminals………….

so what, is that it for now?
    i’ve ran out of stuff to say!!

i’ll do one more creative peice. 🙂

~MUSTACHES~
    Has the world gone mad?
    Mustaches plauge the stores….
    Mustaches are on every t-shirt,
    every picture,
    every necklace and bracelet!
    Fake mustaches,
    sold by the millions,
    Whacky characters with them,
    used and veiwed by the billions!
    Sometime soon,
    they will be our cartoons!!
    AAAAHHHH!!!
    Has our world gone mad?!?

that’s it for now. so that was 10 minutes, right? well, i guess that’s it for the blogging this week….. 😀
    BYE!!

4. 1. Bailey, I am not telling people about the ketchup.
    2. First chair is mine forever.
    3. Will R, (and others that do this) quit using double negatives.

I’m going to do another SOAPSTONE on Eragon.

S: Author
    O: Leaving Carvahall
    A: Teens and young adults
    P: To begin the journey
    S: Beginning the journey
    Tone: Suspenseful, Exciting, and Adventerous

That’s it for blogging for the week! Buenos trades! (Good afternoon)

5. for an update on today. thank you “apple boy” for fixing my ipad!!!
    the golden bird from grimms fairy tales

this story could be a lesson for lots. when people try to help you and give you advice, you should listen. it would make you explode. listening is something you have to learn to do. you listen every day. school, work, home, at th store, and lots of other places…( unless your def then your just out of luck)
    the fox gives the youngest son of the gardener new advice every time he needs to do a task. but every time he is told what to do, he doesnt listen and then he does the opposite of what he was told.

6. Waz up my peeps? So, today I didn’t get the hance to read any. So, today
    i am going to type a creative poem on WW2 (Sorry, had social studies for fifth block. Its still quite fresh in my mind)

Hitler (sorry Colt)

Jews.
    Crippled.
    Are you one of those?
    If so, you would not exist with
    Adolf around.
    German.
    Healthy.
    I hope your not German,
    And your reading Maf’s blog,
    But I assume you are healthy.
    You would’ve lived.
    But like I said, if you were crippled
    Or Jewish, and resided in Europe,
    You might’ve just considered yourself dead.
    He committed murder, along with his wife.
    Who would have wanted to marry him anyways?
    When ever you kissed him, you would have gotten
    A mouth-full of stache.
    I’m glad he is dead, dictatorship is over.
    Not completely, but at least we don’t have to worry
    ‘Bout him anymore.

Yes!!! 20 min. are done. Wurd.

7. Emily, if you weren’t a stalker you would probably know what the whole mustache thing was about.
    Well, I am done blog ging for the week ( I have blogged over 20 minutes) I was just commenting on stuff.
    Fred tell me about the ketchup.

8. hey mr mayfield, for my blog i’m going to write sentences with abbreviations.

1. Mr. and Mrs. Daniels are working for the CBS news.
    2. The FBI are a secret American organization the deals with computer based thefts.
    3. I want to go to TX, NY, NM, and WV.
    Three of the rules about abbreviations are:
    1. Commonly used abbreviations do not need periods.
    2. In some cases abbreviations need a comma after the period (Mr., and).
    3. When an abbreviation is at the end of a sentence you co not need to add another period.
    soapstone for FLUSH-

Speaker- unknown narrator
    Occasion- summer; in the florida keys; plan to find out who is dumping sewage into the basin
    Audience- pre- teens
    Purpose-to entertain and encourage people that you can do anything if you set your mind to it
    Subject- sewage being dumped in a basin, and finding out who did it
    Tone- at some points intense; overall encouraging

9. Wednesday- At the school dance Anubis, the god of death, comes to visit Sadie. All of the popular girls are jealous because he didn’t dance with them. While they are talking, Anubis takes them halfway into the Duat so that they can see the ghosts of dead people’s souls. A soul suddenly disappears and Anubis tells Sadie that it has been happening a lot lately. Sadie is worried about her mother’s soul because she is dead and her soul is unprotected. Shu, the god of wind and Anubis’s great grandfather, is supposed to keep Sadie from seeing Anubis because a god and a girl can’t be together. Shu causes a massive area of low pressure. Everyone at the dance passes out and they talk about why they can’t be together. Sadie and Carter then have to go down to the Underworld to save the only soul that can help them.

Thursday- When you need money fast and you don’t care about doing something illegal, the simple answer is to rob a bank. Unfortunately, it’s harder than just attacking a railroad car like Butch Cassady did. I didn’t like trusting people so I decided to do it by myself. Running from the cops was going to be hard if I got into that situation so I found out everything possible about the bank. There was a maintenance tunnel that I could use to get into the bank. The tunnel was dark and damp as I crawled through it. The room that I came out of the tunnel in was about ten feet from the safe according to my map. The safe was a huge solid metal box two inches thick. Luckily, the combination lock had a keyhole in the middle. I got my drill and drilled through it. The money was almost spilling out when the door swung open. That’s all of my blogging for this week.

Trent

10. wazzup, today i will be doing a different point of view for the book i am reading: Dandelion Fire

When Henry sees the three men walk toward him he is overtaken by the magic they have. (This point of view is on one of the men.) If i was one of them then i would bring surprise to Henry or fear. I would try to bring him in awe because i would know who and what Henry is. This point of view, would bring a really different twist to the whole story.

And there concludes my blogs for the week

11. The Paladin Prophecy
    Authors purpose

Well I guess I better give you the back story to the Paladin Prophecy. Don’t worry it wont be a summary, so any way that being said this is what I think that would best suit you guys. The book begins with the main character, Will, waking up to a huge banner that says ” #1: THE IMPORTANCE OF A ORDERLY MIND,” as is here but except it’s on a banner with foot tall letters and stuff, this book really starts when Will takes a nice run and then black cars start following him. So if this really freaks him out then you should see what he see’s next, a nice hot rod that starts chasing away the cars chasing Will, but still Will has what he calls another gear.

12. scamper on i have a xbox
    S/joel has a n xbox
    C/i have a xbox, and black ops 2
    A/(gamers)leave it as it is
    M/i have a playstation
    P/advertiesment
    E/i have
    R/xbox has a i

13. Okay so its raining and I’m cold cause it took me 10minutes for some reason to acually realize it was raining. I was outside cause I was playing my trumpit for about a hour cause I AM GETTING FIRST CHAIR ON MONDAY!!!! ITS MINE!!!! Okay so enough syco person and on to the reazon to why I blog daily. (No Dr. Maf., its not so I know what your doing every week. I promise I’m not a stalker. :p maybe. O.o
    Okay so I’ve been reading “hunger. Its a great book in the series I’m reading and all y’all should read it. Sam (a character in the book) lives in a place where he cannot excape because of Astrids little, autistic, brother made it that way. Everyone is starcving because all the food is gone and now they have nothing to eat. They all tried to grow more food but mutint worms that have thousands of teeth and millions of small leg that crawl into youe body through the persons feet and kills them. Sorry if I made that like a really bad image for some people. Plus, now Caine is trying to kill everyone while they are all trying to prevent the “poof”. ( what happens when the kids turn 15 and a image of a person trys to preswade them to leave. No one knows. What is on the other side and in the book it is not told. Most people think its death, others think they go back to their family. No one knows.

14. Wensday_______below this____________

Well. This was an interesting ending on a book unstead of the person dying like most books about Romen Rulers do Caligula surrprisingly lives at the end and it’s just the end of his 400 days of terror witch is ironic b/c in another book i read about Caligula says he dies at the end of his 400 days so i don’t know witch one to belive I guess that I’lll just go and do my own digging and find out if Caligula really dies at the end of his 400 days of terror, or if Caligula lives at the end of his 400 days of terror but untill then it will be a CONSPIRISY!

___Thursday____under this_____________________________________

So i finished Caligula 400 days of terror and now I can’t find a book to read that is interesting so i am going to blog about a book that i read a little while ago it is called The Lightning Theif! SO here it is

Hello,guys and gals i wanted to get this one out of the way b4 i get twilight finished b/c im not finished with the book yet…Okay, lets get started! The Lightning Theif is about a boy named Purcyus forgive me if i spelt his name wrong. He is trying to stop a war of the gods. When he finds out his dad is Phciden he REALLY whants to stop the war then. But he needs some armor so he go’s to the camp director by the way he is in a camp for the demi gods to eep them from getting killed. When he finds the armory he asks the id working there for a shelid and a sword.Then the kid asks him “were you going?”he says “to hades to stop the war of the gods” then the kid tells him”well if you see my dad on the highway to hell kick his ass for me okay?” he says “will do”.Little did he know the kid who sold him thats stuff whas the one who stole the lightning bolt he wanted a war of the gods so that he might would have a chance to be a god. But ZUES thought that the devil stole it. But the kid put the bolt in the sheild so that is he droped it the devil would see it and get it pertty clever plan aye? WELL. Not so much. When he drops the sheild in a battle aginst the devil him self! Then the devil go’s in for the kill his minyon/prisoner grabs the bolt and kills the devil. Well he finally stops the battle of the gods and thats it. I GOT THIS FROM MY BLOG AT BLOGGER.COM SO YES IT IS WORD FOR WORD OF THAT BLOG BUT!! IT IS MY OWN THOUGHTS/BLOG OKAY COLT IS GOING BYEBYE!

15. Ok, so I was just about to get on my computer and MY BATTERY WAS ALMOST DEAD!!!!!
    I am so just gonna go up to Bailey and Fred and be like: I wish you both good luck on your competition for 1st chair. Then id whisper over to Bailey: Kick is butt, and get 1st chair girl.

Me and Bailey turned in our science project today, I think we did pretty good!! Yeah, sure, right.

I’m going to get the hobbit on my phone and then I can read the rest of it in between going to school on the bus and going back home on the bus (I promise ill actually finish this book)

And just now I looked up (I’m in the so called “blog free zone”) and the first thing I hear? “Your fingers of fury, blog blog blog blog”

Ok, here’s poem:

You look out,
    all you see is darkness.
    You look in,
    people standing judging every one else.
    All you can do is stay there,
    and be by yourself.
    You cant let anyone else in because no one actually cares.
    You don’t need anyone’s charity,
    you can deal with it.
    But no matter what happens,
    being by yourself is lonely.

^
    To any one who ever thinks their just out there in the world by themselves. But the great thing is when you have a best friend, that ONE person who can make you happy anytime you want, no matter what happens, its you and them against the world.

AnnMarue (no poo) queen of waffles OUT!!

16. Hey This is my last blog for five minutes, since i have done 15 minutes already. So, right now i am reading The River. So far i have gotten to the part where Brian has been offered a Chance to go back out into the wild and show the survival instructor what it it like in the wilderness and how he survived. His mom thinks the guy that offered it to him was crazy but Brian thinks that he needs to do it for the people that might also be in his situation one day in the future or present.

17. Wednesday-

I know i shouldnt be doing my wendnesday blog right now but i just forgot 2 do it last night so look where im at now! and i didnt feel like writting so i just got on my laptop! So i am reading to be me! and of coures i know you already know that but yes that is what im reading! So i read the cover and it said something about this girl named Mina and she is suppose to turn into a vampire< or the other way around she stays the same! Well ill give it 2 u a different way!Her mom and dad are making her choose weather or not she is going to be a vampire or not. And she is just a normal girl and has a crush on (of course) the hottest guy in school…so they say! But anyway she comes home from school she has a suprise visitor, this lady is from the NRVC the Northwest Regional Vampire Council….so if you dont know what that means it means that she's a vampire! OHHHH and the reason Mina suddenly had to make the choice is because she knows about her mom and dad being vampires, and non-vampires are not suppose to know about or who exactly is a vampire, but Mina does!!! are you catching on…well good!!!

Thursday-

So the lady pats the couch next to her, motioning Mina to come sit down next to her, Mina though: I don’t want to sit next to her because I could easily become a vampire in minutes! I could be sittin there not payin attention and this chick sucks my brains out!!!! (oh wait brains are zombies) she could suck me totally dry of my blood!!!!!!!
    The lady pats the seat again, Mina says no thank you i think ill just stand! then she pictured her self just waking up and looking in the mirror and seeing she has fangs! i sure wouldnt want that!!!!!! but you know thats all ive reallly read and my hands are hurting so im gonna go!!

18. RICKY, THE FBI ALSO DEALS WITH ORGANIZED CRIME!!!!!!
    NOT JUST THE COMPUTER BASED THEFTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    seriously, go back to the 70s and ask the Gambino family. ( gangsters, mobsters, whatever )

THE FBI IS A SPECIAL AGENCY THAT DEALS WITH CRIMES IN AMERICA

anyways, reading the hunger games and ( Yes i know that i am like the last person alive who hasnt seen the movie or read all the way through the book. ) but its this girl who feeds her poor family by illegally leaving district 12 to hunt and selling some of her kills on the black market. She then ends up taking her young sisters place in a cruel event called the hunger games.

thats all ive gotten out of 33 pages of a book.

wow

really

wow

all that after 33 pages

wow

19. Wednesday blog
    creative
    Science Fair Mistake

Sarah was ready for her science fair presentation. She had her board, notes, and her partner Michelle.
    There was one problem, Michelle didn’t do the project at all. Sarah really liked Michelle, and didn’t want her to get in trouble. So she just went with it. She stepped up to the board, ready to present. It was going great until the teacher asked if they split the work evenly. What would she do?

20. Billy: Messenger of powers
    authors purpose

I want to start by saying- Woops, I forgot that i had these other journals to look foward to, and that this is the first blog I’ve done via my tablet. I will honestly say that I hate this key board! but onto the good stuff. I’ve just started this book so jow do like assumptions? Oh well, Billy Jones is not your average high school boy in two ways. First Billy is below average height and is a prime target for bullies and secondly Billy is what is known as a power or wizard, warlock, sorcerer, mage- whatever.

21. Hello. I know Mr.Mayfield said “NO MOR LAST MINUTE BLOGS!!! OR ILL KILL EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!” just kidding. He didnt say that. But he said he prefers earlier blogs, but tonight I’m doing one final “Calebs Thursday night 9-10 o’clock blogs” and end the legacy. Ok here it goes. I’m still reading How to be Like Mike. I’m reading about how important teamwork is. There are many things about teamwork, four of which i will explain tonight. Ok, one thing is that you have to realize, in basketball, or anything witha team, you have to use the team. You can’t carry a whole team on ones back. Micael Jordan once said that if you don’t use the team and work with the team, and focus on individual goals, those goals in turn become harder to achieve.

22. The 2nd thing is that each team has its leaders. But good leaders can lead, score points, play well, and still play as a team. It’s a interesting balance between being a ball hog to being a team player. Dr.J once said that Mike understood that. He could score lead the rest of the league in scoring by 5 points and not have been a ball hog. Kobe scores less than MJ and is called a ball hog.

23. Everyone on a team is important. Every good team has each player understand hat their role is. Scottie Pippen. Horace Grant. John Paxson. Not even all the name of the people on the Bulls team with Mike that had a vital role to the team. Mike wasn’t by himself. He would score 30ppg for his career, but would have post every game without his team.

24. Every team needs talent too. A good team is trained well. A great team is trained well and has talent. You can buy and old mule and train it, feed it, and get it in th best shape of its life, but it will never win the Kentucky Durby. Mike had talent in his role, just like everybody else on the team.

25. creative

Cannons sound their sharp report,
    Trooper guns echo back in retort.
    Why have the brave have fallen to lead,
    And why can I only see red?
    The war of all and braver folk,
    War machines that can only be pulled with an ox’s yolk.
    This is a time of loss and pain,
    This is a war where only the weak will gain.
    But listen now hear my call,
    The enemy shall soon fall!
    Shall we let them win?
    Or would you rather have a head of tin?
    We shall not let our enemys triumph this day!
    Nor shall we ride on wings of gray,
    but on wings like soaring eagles proud and free!
    With help from on high we gain the Victory!
    Take up your yolk,
    You good folk!
    To War I say!
    To War this Day!
    Who will win?
    The ones with the heads of tin.

26. mon-This week i started back reading harry potter and the goblet of fire. the last place i ledt off was when ron was ignoring harry. Harry was feeling all alone except for hermione. hermoine is trying to bring ron and harry back together but it isnt working.

tues-when harry goes hagrids class he talks to hagrid about being a school champion. hagrid tells harry that he is not lying. he also said that dumbledore believes him too.the rest of the class was playing with thier screwts.

weds-after a couple of days pass the weighing of the wands comes up. when harry and hermione walk into snapes class they see draco. he is wearing a pin that says support cedric diggory. harry starts getting really mad but he decides to let it go.

thurs- then draco offers a pin to hermione and that makes harry mad. he pulls out his wand and so does draco. they shoot thier spell at the same time and they colide in midair. one hits goyle and one hits hermione. snape walks in and sees the fight. he tells draco to explain and he explained it way unfairely

27. BOOK: The Hobbit
    PROMPT: SOAPSTONE/Creative
    SIDE NOTES: I will soon update my website and that will go back on this. Anyway, I forgot to blog yesterday, so now I’m blogging at 6:26 a.m.

Speaker-3rd Person-Omniscient
    Occasion-Bilbo had been stuck in goblin mines, but was accidentally saved by a creature called Gollum.
    Audience-Teens to Adults who like fantasy books.
    Purpose-To entertain an audience that likes fantasy.
    Subject-Bilbo, Thorin, Gandalf
    Tone-Sometimes grateful, other times tense, overall happy.
    O
    N
    E

Creative:
    So, It was 4013. I had met a strange person that did not like sunlight. You see he hated sunlight as he had not seen it for 200 years, and had gotten used to the dark. Once, I had played a prank on him, making him come out into the sunlight. That was when we saw it. Everything stopped moving; clocks, flying cars, people, everything. He had gotten so scared that he forgot all about hating sunlight, or didn’t care. We tried to get things to move, but we couldn’t move anything, as though time itself had stopped, too. Maybe it had, I couldn’t tell you, I only know what I saw, learned, and figured out. Anyway, I had guessed that it had, but I had doubts. We went to the clock tower and saw that the lights were on, but not flickering, as they usually do. I wanted to see if I could get the time generator to run, but I never got there to see the time generator. We were only 5 yards from the generator room’s door, when we had fallen.

28. hey mr mayfield guess what game i went to see today wenonah and parker basketball game and helped my dad shoot some cover shots for the aol.com i took some videos also for the site and there were plenty of fights to shake a stick at one time a person got tackled out of the stands anyways i will blog for ten minutes on the point of view when i read an aritcal about planes refueling in mid air well at first i didnt know what to think and then my dad helped me understand it better and now from what i understand the fuel planes launch in birmingham and let smaller planes come and take fule from a pipe that lowers down to the jet and gives the fuel. plus i am maddies backgroud now she said she woldnt ever change it 😉

29. Thursday blog (sorry i’m late, busy last night)
    creative
    Sarah’s Problem Solved
    Sarah thought about it for a minute, but Michelle answered for her, ” I didn’t do anything. Not one thing, I just laid back and watched Sarah do all the work. I’m sorry.” A very surprised Sarah was stunned. She was glad she didn’t have to make her friend upset or anything. Later Sarah recieved an A on her project!

30. creative___ THIS IS FOR MONDAY 11-14-13 HAHAHAHA I’M AHEAD FOR ONCE_______________________________________________________

Basket ball (blank verse)

Oh,basket ball so round
    With intersecting lines
    When you bounce on the floor,
    You make a slight sound ‘THUMP’
    Sometimes flat sometimes round
    Oh how i hate it when,
    I throw you against the,
    Wall and you break my nose,
    Three months in the hospital,
    For i am not able,
    I wish i could play,
    But that will haf to wait

31. Ok, this isn’t a blog, BUT since its on your blog I guess it DOES count as a blog. But guess what happened to me this morning? I woke up and I checked my phone and it was 6:00AM!! My first thought? “Oh nooooooo!!!!!! MY ALAM DIDNT GO OFF!!!!!!! IM GONNA BE LATE!!!! IM GONA MISS THE BUS!!!!!” Then I go to check my phone to see if my alarm was even turned on a guess what? The I realize its Saturday. I’m so stupid, but I mean if I wasn’t stupid who else would be? Now I’m just sitting here. Oh and this morning I texted a bunch of my girl friends a text that said:

To all the girls that didn’t get this text this morning:
    Good morning beautiful (Then I had a heart but I cant do that on my computer)

32. Hey everybody I’m reading The Hunger Games. So far I’m to the part where they are going to the reaping and the girl sneaks into the woods to hunt and gather food for the feast they are going to have later. They also sell some strawberries that they found for a bit of money. They are kind of rebellious because they are supposed to stay in district 12 or they could be shot, yet they hunt and fish and gather in the woods, which is breaking the law.

33. I’m still reading the hunger games and I am to the part of the reaping when they are picking the name of one person per district to go to the hunger games. The hunger games are when the government draws one name from a glass bowl and from the twelve districts they get twenty-four people’s names and they got to an arena and fight to the death. The way that people enter their names is, the drawing starts when you are twelve, you have to enter once, or more in exchange for tesserae. The drawings are continuously held until you are 18. The our you are the more you have to put your name in the glass bowl that contains the slips. So the girl is at the drawing of the names and her family also. Then to her surprise her twelve year old sisters name was drawn out of the girls glass ball. This infuriates her because her sister is not as skilled at defending herself that well. So instead she volunteers to go to the hunger games and her sister not go there. I think that this a life that would be very bad for anybody, but at least she has a better chance at surviving than her sister prim does.
    THERE’S MY LAST TEN MINUTES FOR THIS WEEK

34. I’m still reading the hunger games and I am to the part where the girl is going to the hunger games because she volunteered to save her little sister. they take her to the Capitol where they style her clothes and pick every hair off of them except the hair on their head and give them special clothes to where that represents their district. Theirs is that they mine coal alot, so they get artificial flames and light their clothes, and to they’re surprise they did not get fried to a crisp

35. I’mraeding the hunger games and I am to the part where they have just put the fire out that was on their clothes and they see the people from other districts, apparently jealous of their awesome entrance into the Capitol. Then they’re pulled into the Capitol building that they will be staying in until the hunger games must begin. They also see the people’s faces that have been heavily painted and have been coated with makeup. In the Capitol almost everybody has face paint on their faces. They stay in a building with 12 floors, each number, the floor for the district that will be staying there for a while.

36. Okay, I got to do the last ten minutes of journaling for this week. I’m going to journal about the hunger games today. In this book I am to the part where Katniss is getting ready to start her training for the hunger games to where she will at least have a better chance at surviving. She is told to not o straight to the bow and arrow or the other kids will know what her strength is, so she goes to about every station for about an hour, learning everything she possibly can. She does this for a few days and then they will have a private training in front of the game makers, and that’s when she will use her bow and arrow. The way they call the people in there is from one to 12 by districts, and hey call the boy tribute first. They rate their abilities on a scale from one to twelve. Katniss goes in there and picks out one of the bows and a few of the arrows, and starts her training. At first she misses the dummy and then she starts to get use to the set, and hits the dummy in the heart. She lances over and the judges aren’t even paying any attention at all to her. She gets so frustrated that she shoots towards them and shoots the apple out of thir roast that they were having for dinner. Then she runs out and goes straight to her room. There’s my ten minutes!