“i’m gonna dance like there’s no tomorrow – or like a first grader…”

so the cooler weather this weekend made for some nice running…

“My Best Race” edited by Cooper – great concept for a book – great to use with my middle school students – for budding runners, budding people in general, to read that no matter the age or the distance, there’s always the chance that the next time you do something – good or bad – that it will be the most memorable – certainly makes you think, if you run, what your best race was – so the interactive feature with the reader is an added bonus – very recommendable for my students

“linchpins” – when one of your bosses recommends a book, it’s always good to try and read the book:) and this one wasn’t that bad at all – the author’s basic point was that you should make yourself disguisable – in a good way – in your company – I guess we disagree in the sense that he thinks this is new to business – I think it’s always been there – obviously, we don’t always think that way – the condemnation he has for public school and its attempt to enforce a “sameness” is apt – and well put

“i’d like to apologize to every teacher I ever had” by tony danza – this show was great – this book is even better – danza’s year in a philly public school – he just has some great insight into the system – I guess one thing I carried away was that he was told teachers often have adoption fantasy – they end up wishing the kids they work with were in better homes – and the older I get and the more students I see, my heart often goes out and I wish they had better places to call home

that said, orphan Amanda can keep her box b/c I don’t want to adopt her – just the loveable kind:)

maf

57 thoughts on ““i’m gonna dance like there’s no tomorrow – or like a first grader…””

1. When Steven was in the corner of the gym, at the dance his mom walked in with sweatpants and house-shoes. She did not see him so she made the
    D.J stop the music and announce that his mom was here to pick him up. When they got in the car Steven’s mom told him that Jeffery was running a fever and that they were going to the emergency room. She also said that when you have leukemia a fever is serious. When they got there they stuck a giant needle into Jeffery chest and he looked unhappy. He was going to be transported to Philadelphia to run some more tests. Jeffery was scared that he would not get well but Steven told him that everyone gets well!That made him feel better.
    That is all, read tomorrow!

2. My school world currentl revolves around three things: Band, Bob, and writing a novel. Question: Can my journals be summaries and dialectical journals based off of what I have written in my novel? I’m pretty certain this is a no, but I like to write. A lot. Well, back to the old drawing board. It’s really more like a novel board, but wharever. TRUMPETS UNITE!!! Tomorrow when I blog, my name is likely to be ‘It began as you might expect. In a whole in the ground. Not a nasty, wet hole, full of worms and oozy smells, nor a dry sandy hole.’