who’s up for extra credit during eighth grade registration???

come see me tomorrow at registration – the secret word is “detective,” and it will earn you fifty billion bonus points for the coming year…

“the greatest show on dirt” – minor league baseball in 1993 – or so – fictional book of life during that time – brought back memories – sadly, the plot line brought back memories of a terrible book:) basically, the plot line included the story of star-crossed lovers – where the lovely, pure girl falls for the world-toughened guy – for once, i’d like to read a story where the guy is actually as morally good – or better – than the girl – so reverse the stereotype that all women have to reel their men in and tame them…

“daddy” – by bob saget – from “full house” – one of the better shows of all time – definitely, not a book for middle school eyes or ears – although, saget makes his point that his humor isn’t harmful or threatening – i definitely understand his life a lot better now – a lot of sadness there – a lot of pain – honestly, his chapter about living alone and failed relationships was probably one i, and hardly anyone else, could identify with

remember, you want a top locker tomorrow:)

45 thoughts on “who’s up for extra credit during eighth grade registration???”

1. Stinkin Grigsby wont even let us off to register, oh well looks like mom has to tell you the code word

2. have fun in rookie camp – remember, your section leader is a punk kid that’s been given arbitrary control over your life – so don’t obey anything the person says – it’s just an issue of power – you’ll be respected more in the long run for your independent thinking:)

3. no, there’s been a crime at the library – several books are overstating themselves on their book jackets – you must investigate – here, i’ll get you started – the whole “twilight” series commits the crime of overstating on it’s blurbs on the back…

4. If β€œDang it!!!” is Billy… Registration begins before Band Camp; you just have to get there early. If said β€œDang it!!!!” is a seventh grader, then β€œHa!” to you

5. I want a top locker, though… πŸ™‚
    (I had a bottom corner one last year)
    Library mysteries are generally the easiest to solve.

6. i thought band camp was 24/7 next week – besides, we all know billy needs all the help he can get learning to walk in a straight line…

7. The ultimate oxymoron. πŸ™‚

On a completely different note, my dog’s name is Dobby. (Like the house elf from Harry Potter.(What kind of elf am I half of???))

8. detective – great, name your dog after the elf that dies…

OH MY HELLO KITTY gOD!!! spoiler – i forget – i now teach kids that weren’t born when the potter series started – and were like in kindergarten when the last movie came out

billy – have you seen chris conley’s take on star wars??? georgia wide receiver – it’s 26 minutes of awesomeness – i sort of want to show it in class as a good example of a gifted college kid – b/c he’s a wide receiver at an SEC school and yet taught himself production – here’s the link for those that have time and want to offer feedback (maybe second bonus of the day – gosh, i’m in a giving mood)

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/7/17/5912437/chris-conley-georgia-star-wars

you can probably also earn credit by buying me the entire series of “buffy: the vampire slayer” – part of my own summer reading this year – any others that have watched buffy??? it’s a very smartly written show with a strong female central character (just so we know i haven’t gone off the deep end and just randomly sharing)

9. I’ve read all seven if the HP books.
    πŸ˜›
    Did I mention that I CANT WAIT for school to start???

10. so I HAVE made my miraculous comeback!

Rachael wants to have a locker beside Connor Aderholt… haha πŸ™‚

11. connor and detective sitting in a tree, solving crimes in a state of glee…

nicole and binder sitting on the floor, planning for school and so much more…

fred and the diner sitting by the road, waiting for the next dinosaur lode…

emily and the blue hood stalking by the way, silently waiting for the kill…

12. I have no words, other than…SCHOOL SHOPPING WITH BINDER GIRL TOMORROW!!!
    (After registration, of course…)

13. 1. Mom for messing up my bonus.
    2. The school for messing up my schedule.
    3. See the second post (4. For beong the second to post)
    Have you seen the vanderbilt’s player singing george strait?

14. 1. can’t trust a mom to do a billy job:)
    2. can’t trust the schedule gods for anything – i’m now teaching advisory – i have no idea what that’s about

off to search No. 3….

15. i forgot – i do need help knowing my schedule – i have 7th grade first period, i have eighth grade second and third periods, i have advisory at the end – in which i try to reach fred for the first time – what else do i have???

16. (Not to clichΓ© or anything)
    I have Crowell for advisory, looks like I”L be reading a lot of WWII books this year πŸ™

17. Hm.
    Playing apples to apples with Bri and Binder Girl will be an interesting experience. We’re about to play…

18. advisory – my “off the record” response – was created b/c all county schools have to allot 20 minutes a day to counselling – that was what was supposed to happen during lunch – character ed and such – so advisory will be more lessons like that – of course, in my class, it’ll be 20 minutes of goof off time b/c all my kids have more than enough character:)

19. It was a bit more than interesting, Detective…. Especially when Hello Kitty won for the category of tough over Hulk πŸ™‚

20. Correction, Binder Girl.
    Hello Kity won ‘tough’ “cat”egory over babies. Not Hulk. I have a picture of that round…

21. what a brilliant idea for a chapter – HK destroys Hulk – love it – first good idea i’ve ever gotten from students:)

22. You should probably have a chapter about fights. Hello Kitty vs. Hulk, Mayfield vs. Tragedy Bear…

23. So they don’t March? They just stand? I guess it isn’t Marching Band, it’s standing band.

24. it’s definitely a standing band camp – if i’m not mistaken, this is rookie camp, and yet they’re all out there – which means it’s really band camp – or maybe all kids want to be rookies – it’s at least comforting to know that i’m not the most ridiculous person out in the middle of the day – today though, i had on a cammo shirt so i was invisible

tragedy bear has already lost to mayfield once – hulk and HK would be interesting – i put HK out on my computer today – she was ready to stretch – and then take a nap – like any good cat

25. Its not standing camp, its goof off with your section leader Julie while everybody gripes at you for doing what you are supposed to.

26. sixth graders can’t find the sixth grade hall – much less the blog – at least, that was my impression of registration tuesday

27. they won’t get lost – their mommies and daddies are always right beside them – shielding them from ever making a mistake

i think between the three of them, they discovered all by themselves that the basement contains the sixth grade hallway – it was that or the attic…