the case of the lone cowboy boot on the grass at chelsea park…

slacker that i am, just one book this past week – the other is just taking a while…

“a season to remember” by carson tinker – all alabama fans should be required to read the book – really, any college football fan would enjoy it – good things in there about saban and how he runs things – i think i tried to teach the sixth grade some of it – and we all know how well that goes (my trying to teach things)

the other book i’m getting through – slowly but surely – involves the Great Awakening – which i doubt is covered in history until high school – and maybe not there any more – but it’s definitely an enjoyable read – here’s a fun (billy) bonus trivia question for you: Harvard’s school motto is “veritas” – truth in Latin – what was the original motto???

chelsea park had a fall festival friday – today when i ran by the elem school, there was a small-ish cowboy boot in the grass – near the school – i think there’s a story there – thoughts???

47 thoughts on “the case of the lone cowboy boot on the grass at chelsea park…”

1. I’ve gotten my story up to 19,114 words.

As far as the cowboy boot, none of my characters are cowboys, and none of them wear cowboy boots.

2. see detective, this is where we pretend

19,000 words and NO cowboy boots??? i’m very saddened – maybe you stay in the smokies until you come up with an idea…

3. My fairies don’t like cowboy boots. It’s not my fault.

However, BINDER GIRL likes cowboy boots… So does Bri. Bri always wears one sock on, one sock off, so I’m going to blame her for the boot at Chelsea Park.

4. Nope. Well, not yet, at least.

Eight hours of sitting in hospital, and there was no reward but a longer novel.

5. Exactly how to put a baby in my novel would be the problem. NO SPRINKLES FOR TERRESTRIA.

6. mr. scott pulled me aside friday afternoon and talked about some teacher friend he and his wife had that decided to quit waiting for the right guy to come along – i told him, “i’m not getting pregnant if that’s what you’re after”

he left shortly thereafter

(i’ve edited your google doc)

7. Counting by 7’s
    “I decide that when my head begins to pound from now on, I will count TO 7, instead of BY 7’s.”
    I think that this means she is finally trying to let go, and get a new start and not try to be so down. she is changing from being sad ALL the time to only when she thinks about it really hard.

8. Counting by 7’s
    I think that this means she is finally trying to let go, and get a new start and not try to be so down. she is changing from being sad ALL the time to only when she thinks about it really hard,

9. Yes, the detective was quite disappointed that her newest musical number unexpectedly introduced Kate, the Bunny Killer, Kate, the Idiomologist, Kate, the Fantastic File Folder Female, and Kate, the voice of Hello Kitty puppet.

“Wait, you don’t belong,” Princess Sarah Elizabeth Sock Puppet began, “you’re a bag puppet.”

“I thought this show had tolerance as a character word once.”

“We may have, as an Evil Waffle, I don’t remember things like that.”

“Yeah well, it’s not like you two even go to this school so there.”

“Yes, but we know what a waffle looks like and Princess Sarah Elizabeth… How are we supposed to know your ‘bag cat’ isn’t disrespecting Hello Kitty?”

“Hey, I did the best I could. Besides, there are only so many vocal options I have for characters.”

“Princess Sarah Elizabeth Sock Puppet, Hello Kitty is here today through our ‘Make a Wish’ Foundation.”

“We have one of those?”

“We do now,” Kate said, “For you see, I have a dream…”

“I had a dream – once,” Fred said.

10. “Love hurts, that’s okay. It’s supposed to” (Werlin 2008)
    ^
    This is a perfect example of how the brain and the heart dont always agree and things get mixed up and jumbled and you still end up getting hurt but its still love. Love hurts but its okay because thats the way its supposed to be. You love, you live, and you get hurt but thats okay

“Then, Lucy could be completely normal” (Werlin 2008)
    ^
    This show exactly how the world thinks. People think that once they fix a few things or change themselves then they’ll be “normal” or “perfect” but they fail to realize that normal or perfect arent real things they think that people act or look generally the same and they feel like they need to be like the other people too so they can fit in. And the way to media is people show what “perfect” is and then everyone wants to be like a certain person

“‘You look gorgeous’ and sexy” (Werlin 2008)
    ^
    This was said by a mom to her daughter. She said the “You look gorgeous” out loud and thought the “and sexy” part. I think this is every parents fear when they have a daughter, obviously they think their child is beautiful but then theres that time where you dont want them to be “sexy” because you dont want bad things to end up happening. So you’ll see them in something and youre just like. You look amazing , but i dont want you to look that amazing.

11. If someone accidently stumbled upon our blog they might think that everyone is on drugs.

“Youth is wasted on the young.”
    -George Bernard Shaw

You can view this different ways the way I perceived it was that , when we are young we have youth so its wasted because we don’t know exactly what we ha until its gone and some people don’t even do anything at all. So youth is wasted on the young because they don’t know what hey had so they might not take advantage of is it as they should of.

“My family is my strength and my weakness.”
    -Aishwarya Rai Bachchan

Your family can give you strength to move forward, courage, etc. Family can also hold you back their your weakness you would choose your family over anything else you would sacrifice things for them in that circumstance they are your weakness. Loving your family can come to you as a disadvantage. Even though you love them they can be a burden.

12. I finished Tesla’s Attic today. It was surprisingly good. Now, all I have left to read is (JOY AND JUBILEE) Left for Dead, probably the most boring book I’ve ever seen.

13. Did anyone else notice that Sarah finished the book BEFORE THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR????? Isn’t that, like, against the law??? This defies the laws of nature! WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PRINCESS??

14. I liked Tesla’s Attic except for the fact that now I have to read the other two books…

15. Soo…Bri started a new book today. Pone of the characters is a shape shifting grizzly bear, so I thought that it was a little ironic…

16. Hi this is Arwen, so i am reading Cinder. Only because Nicole would not stop bugging me to do it last year and now i am going back and looking at books i did not read last year. Anyway I just read the blog And i have to agree with shelby. If a random person happens to stumble upon this blog They would really think we were on drugs.

17. I’ll tell her to get on the blog. I’m over at my aunt’s house right now, waiting for Dad to get off work. I’m here live with the (p)one and only
    Bri. Meanwhile, my story is being typed on Google Drive, so I’ll be able to work during NaNoWriMo.

18. I appear to be stalking this blog. Wow. Ummm…technically I am staking this blog, but…stalking is good as long as I call it “Researching”, right?

19. Sure signs of crazy Note that I am not talking about my self in 3 person “Sarah” is the name of the girl in the book!!!!
    Sarah’s mom tried to drown her and her brother, she survived but her brother was not that lucky. He died when she tried to drown them while there father was at work one morning. She has a real diary, and a fake one. The real one she writes things that she would NEVER say OUT LOUD. The fake one she writes things that would want a parent to see like, “this was a great day. I got an A on my math test, and I met a new friend named Denise, who hums during Algebra.” She also now lives with her alcoholic father.
    That is all..

20. Biscuits… Oh ok i see you. All these puns are… Tare-able (there needs to be a rim shot emoji

21. Sure signs of crazy Quote
    “I am unread book, I am waiting to know what happens to me…”
    This means that she really does not know WHO she really is and wants to know but doesn’t know how to find out. And she thinks no one understands her and her life and why the way she is, She doesn’t even know why she is the way she is.

22. What? Why do I want to have my face on a biscuit? I mean, if it’s my mom’s of grandmother’s biscuits, yummy… But otherwise…why? Ah, well. I guess I’ll learn tomorrow.
    Speaking of my mother’s homemade buscuits, hopefully I can convince her to make some on Saturday.

23. my dad made the most amazing canned biscuits when we camped

yep, canned – hey, it was that or starve – maybe that’s why they were so good

24. Well, I’m writing about fairies, if that counts… Fairies and Minor league baseball don’t really mix all that well. I guess I could include a few sports references. One of my characters stole an Algebra 1 textbook.

25. I’m at a hospital. Again. My grandfather was crushed under a tractor last night, and it broke his neck. He’s in surgery right now to fuse the vertebrae back together, and we’re in the waiting room.
    It’s kind of scary how much time I spend in a hospital waiting room.

26. I’m doing two journals on the book,”THE BEAST FROM THE EAST”.
    Line: “You can’t keep him in their forever”
    Commentary: The beast droped a large stick that blocked him in a wooden latched locked door and Nat reaches through the slats and cries for help, The penalty box swings through the air.he seemed so small and helpless and I ask the beast when he will get out and the beast says in a soft voice, “When we eat him”.
    Line: “They left us!”
    Commentary: she stopped so short that the boys ran into her back tumbled over and all they could see was a white skinny piece of land cut out in front of them where nobody stood, they shivered in shock and scared not knowing in the world what they were doing, where they were, and how they got there and all of the sudden they reslized they were lost.