second quarter blogs are way better than first…

the problem with this blog thing is that i’m already on another book – the world’s worst BOB ever – it’s a high school one – and i so want to complain already…

“george whitfield” – there was another title to it – but it was a biography on the guy – who was a large part of the great awakening – which you may – or may not – learn in american history now – i’m not sure – i’m very sure we went through it though – this was one i’d call a challenge book – thankfully, it was just 270 pages of teeny tiny print – if it’d been longer, i would’ve struggled greatly – very worthwhile read though – and some of the book reminded me of some of the matters in the church today

“origami yoda and the pickletine gets on the bus case” – something like that – as always, cute – i worried at the start that the book wasn’t fresh or new anymore – that it was a sad book just extending a series – lots of series get that way – but i wasn’t ready for it to end – as usual, the origami was cover for getting through middle school “issues” – i do love what the principal did for standardized testing – we should do the same

“the teaching brain” – i taught you the best part of that book – that we have up’s and down’s in learning – i needed a bit more practicality – less theory – but hey, the writer went to harvard – she also gave up teaching after 10 years – maybe there’s a book in me too:)

enjoy your day off tomorrow

42 thoughts on “second quarter blogs are way better than first…”

1. old dominion is in virginia, right??? i forget why it got it’s name – we should have a new schs and call it “old shelby: the fighting ironmen” – or something like that – b/c when you lose, you have to recast the team/image anyway

detective doesn’t want to finish b/c it’s that good, b/c the story shifts to the boy, or b/c she’s having issues with closure???

my BOB is getting better – people are getting shot

2. Thats my favorite one so far, but then again i have only read ss of crazy and january… I have a feeling that this is like the charelston southern thing.

3. Where has the 1st 9 weeks gone! My first actual blog is right here. A (non)Political Cartoon. It’s called thin books.
    http://profootballmock.com/thin-nfl-books/

Where to start… (from the left, skipping the ones that I don’t get/don’t want to cover)

“ADs I have turned down” by Peyton Manning
    Peyton Manning, the quarterback for the Denver Broncos, doesn’t turn down many ads. That is mostly because he is asked a lot by Papa Johns, he owns multiple franchises (Your challenge Mayfield, how many?) around the Denver Area.

“How to be Humble” by Richard Sherman
    Richard Sherman, a cornerback for the Seattle Seahawks, loves to trash talk and called himself “The best Cornerback in the NFL”. Enough said.

Ray Rice’s Guide to Romance
    Guys, just stick to the cheesy pick up lines and um… Don’t knock your girlfriend out cold in an elevator.

“Thriving Under Pressure” by Tony Romo
    In the pressure of a playoff game, Romo has an all-time record of 1-3 (which is pretty sad in my opinion). With a completion percentage of 59%* and a 4:2 Touchdown to Interception ratio, I’m pretty sure it is safe to say that Romo cannot thrive under pressure.

I might do the rest next week, I’m not sure.

4. (8<|
    "January";Line:'there she was, lying in the doorway of her bedroom, crumpled like a broken doll'
    Commentary:sad :*( . His dad:DEAD,his uncle:injured,his sister:breathless,his mom:missing. Callum is out of luck. He is pretty much hopeless. Noway to survive. Callum Ormond R.I.P.
    WaspMan out

5. Well…I’m watching Phantom again. This time it’s the movie version, as opposed to the play that they have on Netflix. It’s still incredibly sad. The actors are AMAZING.

6. The Phaaaaaaaantom of the storm shelter is heeeeeerrrrre inside my miiiiiiiiiiinnnndddd….
    Because I’m curious, who did the Phantom of the Storm Shelter kill?

7. Billy – what better way to come back to the blog then to come guns blazing with a Ray Rice joke. Who’s next? Jameis? Todd Gurley? You can always count on Billy to find jokes out of sick, cruel, acts of violence.

Here’s a creative poem.

Love of the Game

The feeling you get when you step onto the field,
    court,
    is unlike any other feeling you will ever get –
    unless you’re a couch potato.
    In that case, it ca nbe really horrifying.
    You strive to do it
    over
    and over
    and over again.
    If you have the drive
    discipline
    and the resolve
    to do what it takes to make yourself great,
    then the rewards
    are endless.

8. detective – the ending scene with raul and christine going out singing “say you’ll love me” as the phantom overhears – that part always gets me

i don’t think i ever finished my storm shelter story – i know i haven’t – we need to have some “busy work” days so i can be left alone to write:)

9. No Will, not Todd Gurley, Tony Romo.

Just wanted to add that the most ironic book was his, because it was the thickest.

Eagles’ Fans Guide to Good Manners
    Eagles Fans have a boisterous reputation, I cannot overstate this at all. When you throw Santa off the back of your stadium, more than a couple
    stories, you get labeled as a “bad crowd”

Andy Dalton’s Favorite Playoff Memories
    Let’s write a conditional statement.
    If you play for the Bengals, then you won’t advance past the first round of the playoffs. (Mr. Gordon would be so proud)

“Positive Parenting Habits” by Adrian Peterson
    A.P. is a running back for the Minnesota Vikings. Or should I say was… Child Abuse only gets you so far… Actually it gets you nowhere

These last 2 are from the comments section of this article.

“How to Break Records” by Matt Schaub
    He has actually broke a record. Most consecutive games with a pick-6. 6 games in a row.

And a college one…
    “My Best Kickers” by Nick Saban
    To be truthful I have to agree we have never really had a good kicker. Out of the ones I remember (Smelly, Shelly, Mandel, that Jr. guy) Mandel is the best one, but he’s a punter so who cares about him?

That is all the books that I can explain. Tomorrow (or later today) a continuation on the periodic table of story telling.

10. [–CRAYON–]>
    “365”;Creative: What Cal did wrong
    1.Let his uncle operate the boat
    2. didn’t listen to the man on Dec.31
    3. left his sister home while cops and the antagonists were there
    4.told Boges about any of this
    5. went back to his house after he knew cops were there
    WaspMan Out

11. can someone tell the sixth grade to get over the crayon stories??? i’m still waiting for the first creative work from them – it’s definitely not crayons… πŸ™‚

12. I read a book about a guy that had failed navy seal training, went to the marine mammal program, and he trained dolphins. After he trained dolphins he could give a series of hand signals and the dolphin would understand or the dolphin could do some things and he would know what he was saying. They mainly used the dolphins to find things under the sea and then mark the thing so that the seals could go find it. They did a test to see if the mans dolphin was up to the job by placing a under the radar submarine and it was harder for the dolphin to find because the dolphins sonar didnt work very well against things that were meant to deflect beacons. The dolphin was out of sight and swam miles before jumping out of the water and racing back to tell them he found it.

13. Creative Writing

Clock ticking down, I was dribbling down the court, down by 3. We had stayed with them the whole game. They were the top team in the nation.
    Had the top recruits in high school basketball. But we had a few good guys, not as good as them but we were us. Barely making it to state playoffs, being the underdog there also. We made it here and now we are facing the top seed. And they are facing the worst seed. No one expected us to win. The odds were against us. But we were here ,on ESPN giving it all we had. Okay, back to the game. I looked for an open shot as the clock was at :14. No shot clock. out of the corner of my eye i saw my center cutting across court. I knew they would double team him. Timeout! I told coach that i was going to pass it to him then he should pass it back and i would pass it to the open man because of the double team. I passed it to him, he sent it back there the man was for the three i passed it to him. His man trying to get back over to him. He shot……. He drained it and a foul! this free-throw could win the game. He sunk it. Moving on was the UNDERDOG team.

14. I guess the nonfiction novel might have to wait its turn behind the periodic table of story elements.
    “K” agreed potassium. He doesnt say much.

15. I can’t believe the first 9 weeks of me being a sixth grader are already gone!
    This is my blog for this week:

Line: I heard Katie crying

Commentary: Katie was in a corn maze getting a ball and her friend was inside the house. Katie’s friend heard her crying and ran outside. Katie’s friend saw that a dog was pulling on her shirt. Quickly she went inside to look for a weapon. She wasn’t thinking straight, so she grabbed a glass milk bottle and threw it. The dog went over by the milk bottle to drink the milk. Katie said, ” We should go get the glass away from the dog.” Katie’s friend said, “That dog tried to hurt you. You are too caring.” So, Katie just got the watering hose and sprayed the dog until he ran away.

Line: Doesn’t money belong in a bank?

Commentary: Lynn had an envelope. Lynn’s friend asked, “What’s in that envelope?” Lynn said that it was money and asked her to count it. Lynn’s friend asked, “Doesn’t money belong in a bank?” Lynn said, “No, mom and dad don’t trust banks.” Then, Lynn’s friend counted the money and said “Eleven hundred bills.” Lynn was going to give the money to her parents to buy a bigger house. Lynn’s friend didn’t know what to think because once she found a dollar bill in a parking lot and bought a lot of stuff with it. She thought about all of the things she could by with that much money. I wonder what will happen in the rest of the book.

16. more story!!!

β€œI’ve been having a dream lately,” the Detective said to Fred before the two began the next day’s show.
    β€œI had a dream once,” Fred said.
    β€œYes, well, in my dream, there’s this puppet made of wood. His name is Sheerwood Holmes. He gives me advice about cases.”

β€œHas any of it come true yet?”

β€œDefinitely, why would I tell you if it wasn’t? I’d be, like crazy, or something…”

It was time to start the show.

β€œHi, kids and welcome to another edition of the Princess Sarah Elizabeth Finishing School News Show. I’m your Evil Waffle.”

β€œAnd I’m your puppet princess. Say Waffle, do you have today’s character thought?”

β€œI sure do, but before that, we’d like to pause and honor the memory of Alexa.”

β€œWho’s that?”

β€œThat’s the girl that was eaten yesterday by Tragedy Bear.”

β€œI thought Alexa was eaten last week.”

β€œShe was. It’s a different girl.”

β€œTwo girls named Alexa?”

17. “Why, I didn’t notice, but it seems ever so long since I heard any of the others.”(twain,1988) shes in the middle of a quiet cave and she now notices that she couldn’t hear anyone…shes a blonde.
    “Can you find the way, Tom? It’s all a mixedΒ­up crookedness to me.”(twain,1988) shes trusting tom to find the way back,not the smartest move but he may find the way.
    “Oh, don’t do it again, Tom, it is too horrid,”(twain,1988)
    He making noise and scaring her while she is terrified
    “SH! Did you hear that?”(twain,1988)
    They finally hear someone yelling,and after she stopped crying she looked up and they started to go.

18. i didn’t do a crayon creative yesterday. I just put a crayon emoji on my real creative. Look past the crayon.

19. dang it elijah, don’t cross the teacher – the evil dr mafeld – i know all about your dark side tendencies…

(honestly, just a response yesterday about all the crayon pieces i get in journals each week:)

20. I ran faster than had ever have ran before. My mind kept telling me DESTROY. I got tired of it. I tried to yell but fire came out instead. Everything within sight burned. I loved it! I burned some more. I bit off the tip of our town flagpole with my newly discovered strong teeth.
    I slipped. I couldn’t stay on my hind feet. I crawled on all fours back to my house where I fell asleep.

21. i had no you could do hashtags until just now. (just for clarification, these hashtags are NOT real. after all, what hashtags ARE real?)

anyway, for any of you who anticipate Anna and her next blog, i will be seeing her tomorrow and saturday. i will force her to do a blog.

MUAHAHAHAHA!

πŸ™‚

so, i finished reading the book THE HERE AND THE NOW by Anne Brashares. it’s a really good suspense novel. it’s sort of got the plot line of DIVERGENT, but it’s not at all the same. i guess the characters are the same, sort of. Prenna is from the future, but she travels to the present (2014) to escape the horrible doom that everyone supposedly dies off from. She falls in love with this guy named Ethan (which she’s not supposed to do) and they find out this old guy is Prenna’s dad (whom Prenna had thought not made the migration) after somebody kills him in a parking lot.

it’s really complicated.

here’s my creative.

“A Philosophy on Words”
    by Blue

Words
    Are sounds
    Are symbols
    That form vibrations
    That link together
    That are basic lines and curves
    That fuel the human brain
    They are magical
    They are jinxed
    They are blessed
    They are fixed
    They are hard
    They can hurt
    They are scholarly
    But most importantly
    It is the base
    The fulcrum
    On which life
    Balances.

~

well , that’s it for this week. i’ll be seeing anna, and i’ll force her to do slave work and bl–*ahem*–i mean–i’ll have some fun with her, and we’ll be talking alot.

πŸ™‚

22. crayons? Woo! Yeah! Pumped up ABOUT CRAYONS!!! AND EMOTICONS!!!
    πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜› πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜› πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜€

Speaking of which, I noticed that there hasen’t bean many emoticons this week,which is why I added a crap ton of them.

Love em’ people. Love the emoticons. πŸ™‚

23. Hello, it is I, Mean Kid Brandon’s alter ego!

My purpose of being hear is to ruin Brandon’s life, be angry, and KICK YO BUTT!!!

yes, and I do torture emoticons.

SMELLS
    πŸ™

24. Heat- Mike Lupica

Line:”From home plate to center?”

Miguel (Michael) Arroyo had some kind of arm. Not an average one for a twelve year old boy. I young theif had stolen a purse. He knew where he was going to go. The boy thought he was in the clear, until he ran across the baseball field and something hit him; hard, in the back of the head. Michael had thrown his baseball from home plate to center field. At least 250 feet on their field. When the theif opened his eyes, he was in cuffs and headed to jail.

25. Just ignore him.

Anyway, I’m allmost finished reading the first seiries of books in Warriors, and it’s preaty good. Fireheart, After a long, cruel war, becomes Firestar, and a battle of death awaits them. he’s having troble interpiting his signs, and death is shure to come. as the clan ready for war, Tigerstar gets ready for his revenge, and it’s not a good one. Bloodclan gets ready to take on the clans, as we wait to find out what happens…

26. It’s thursday and I finnally have time to blog. BTW, After School was BOOOORING!!!! I dont recomend it to ANYONE!! Best part of today was i finish my book and set a new personal record. I read and finish a 200+ page book in one day (actually less than 24 hours). Regaurdless of this, todays topic is something often brought up in the class and in the books/stories/peoms read in the class.

Deseption is delt highly within the human nature. It’s common (especially at school) for someone to turn around and stab you in the back. The #1 MOST common case is cheating. No matter if it’s on a test (Academic Dishonesty, against School rules/regulations) or on a girl (being a JERK, against ALL moral rules/values of an honest person), its wrong. But oddly enough, it occures all over the state/country/continent/world EVERY DAY. It occurs sever times within the bible too. Cases of Deseatfulness against both man and God, all ending really bad. Any who, let’s jump into the book.

Book 9 of the 12 in the Cirque Du Freak, Killers of the Dawn, is apart of the War of Scars between the Vampires and the Vampaneeze. During which Mr. Desmond Tiny has prophesized three battles against the Lord of the Vampaneeze. Throughout which, the Vampires are serching for the Lord and has finally been spotted by Darren, Harkat, Vancha, and Larten, near the Cirque’s current location. The had let him flee the first time but the second battle was different,

During the epic room the housed the Lord in, It almost killed Mr.Crepsley to get to the steel platform where the Lord, Steve, adn Vancha’s brother were at. crawling across a rope (cut as he was half way across) over steel spikes and a fire (some chemical or fluid that Steve had ignited earlier by means of a match). Later, after Lartens body lay next to the Lord’s body in the pit of spikes (with the added fire), Steve and Gannen ( Vancha the Vampire Prince’s vampaneeze brother) led Darren away from the pit to “tell him”. Steve told a secret that had underminded the entire fight in and under the city. The big shocker spoil alert (not really, you could tell it was leading up to that since Steve had escaped the police station), Steve IS the Lord of the Vampaneeze! Larten had died trying to bring Steve with him but fell perposefully after letting go of the chain w/ spikes (Oww!) because he believed that the Lord o’ Vamp. (only a decoy) had been killed, when in truth he should have killed Steve too.

It’s a great plot twist, but a little suspectable. Either way, the series is great and really captivating. Already read eigth books (I started on book 3 like an idiot. Mainly because the illustrations on the cover of book 3, “Tunnel of Blood”, was really epic looking) and I am getting book # 10 in the morning. Really good. Recomend the book. ASD on the other hand.

27. Ok so here is my other creatives for the week. I didn’t get much reading done this week, so I’ll just do creatives.

Want

Greed
    Obsession
    Desire
    Earthly, humanly feelings.
    We all experience them
    every once in a while.
    We can choose how to combat them.
    We can choose the right thing to do.
    Although the world forces things on us,
    We can choose to respond how we want.

Failure

When we mess up
    and pledge to never do it again
    we still do.
    We sin
    and say “never again”
    but we do.
    Human nature is brutal.
    It makes us do wrong
    shameful
    unrespected actions.
    We seek for the cure
    the antidote
    the solution to this delimma.
    Some of us will search forever
    unless the ones that know
    share the knowledge.
    There’s just one way.
    One path.
    Take it.

28. Elements on Facebook

King Sodium-
    “Yo peeps, anyone got any ideas on how to conquer Hydrogen?”

Cesium (the scholar) –
    “We can give them the cestus*”

Francium (the element that misses his homeland)-
    “Then send them to France!”

Potassium (an element of few words… or letters for that matter)-
    “K”

Rubidium (the want to be pop singer or Dr. Seuss… or both)-
    “Why you gotta be so rube?”

Cesium-
    “You mean rude right?”

Rubidium-
    “No, rube rhymes with my name, so it obviously it works.”

King Sodium-
    “That’s not how it works. You are banned for the day.”

Potassium-
    “K”

Cesium-
    “Not helping!”

*means like a boxing glove

29. So I come to you at the end of another great week. With the weather we have now been given as the year slowly dwindles down to a close, I was able to take kindly strolls and watch the sunsets.

I just began reading the last installment in the Heroes of Olympus series- The Blood of Olympus. So far Jason, Annabeth, and Piper have gone on a small mission to get on the inside of the monster gathering, which is to plan the awakening of Gaea. Hazel’s magic disguises them and makes them look like Greek servants, so the monsters are unaware that they are demigods. This is a good example of dramatic irony, because the reader knows something the characters (monsters) do not.

Also, before the mission, Percy pulled Jason aside and asked him to protect Annabeth for him, since Percy and Annabeth have not been apart since they came from Tartarus. Jason agrees to watch over her, but on the inside he is afraid if he will be able to keep the promise.

Till next week,

Fred

30. Line
    ” I want you to meet someone”

Commentary
    I chose this line because the story has this thing that this band comes and plays and then the boxcar children all got to meet melody (the head violinist) anyways two of the boxcar children freaked out because they played the violin too

Line
    ” can you play for me?”

Commentary

We’ll melody ask the two boxcar children if they wanted to hear them play there music one of them backs out and then the other one decides to actually play but it wasn’t the best that she has every done in her whole intire life

Creative

Mr. Mayfield went to a one direction concert and got on the wrong bus. Only this wasn’t a regular bus but it was one directions tour bus! He goes oh yay I get to meet the one direction group and I get to sing to them and I am just sooooooo happy happy happy yay! but then he also figures out that he got kicked of the. Tour bus by Harry!