Today, officially kicked-off this year’s exciting and month-long celebration of Alabama Career and Technical Education (CTE) Month which is February 1st-28th.
Examples of some of the high paying and in-demand careers that Alabama CTE students are preparing for include the following:
• Aquaculture and Sports Turf Management
• Civil Engineering
• Culinary Arts – Executive Chefs
• Human Resources Manager
• Information Technology and Cybersecurity
• Journalism (radio, television, print)
• K-12 Education/Teacher
• Law Enforcement, Firefighter, and First Responders
• Medical Professions (physician, nursing, dentistry)
• Military Service and Leadership
• Social Work Professional
There are hundreds of other career fields and CTE learning opportunities available statewide for students. Alabama’s high school and middle school CTE programs are considered by many to be some of the best in the U.S.
Source: Alabama State Department of Education