CTEC Mission Statement
The mission of Career Technical Educational Center is to equip and develop the whole student with tools that prepare them for opportunities in post-secondary and workforce.
A Commitment to Life-Long Learning
- We believe in a nurturing environment where students are supported and encouraged to succeed.
- We believe in promoting character education to enable students to become compassionate and productive citizens.
- We believe in hands-on learning that simulates the workplace.
- We believe that students, teachers, and parents/guardians should work together to function as a learning organization to achieve CTEC’s mission and serve as exemplary members of Shelby County’s Vertical Teaming Initiative.
- We believe that teachers should hold high expectations for their students and hold students accountable for their choices, actions, and learning.
- We believe that CTEC should employ a shared vision between educators and business leaders to ensure that high school graduates are college and/or career ready.
- We believe that CTEC should continuously evolve into an ever changing college/career ready school to educate and train our students to be successful in the existing and future workforce.
For More Information Contact
Janice Maddox, Career Counselor