Skyward by Brandon Sanderson

I was enthralled by this book. I loved the main character, her internal voice narration, as well as the supporting characters around her.  I was amazed by the lore built into the first book and I look forward to filling in some of the holes that Sanderson has left open. My husband loves this author and is always amazed at how he basically says “this is going to be important” throughout the entire book and even series of books and then you get to the end and even though he has constantly been telling you that this one thing is important, it somehow becomes the plot twist that blows your mind. There were definite plot twists that create a satisfying but open ending for this installment in the new realm of Sandersons imagination, however I know that easter eggs of importance are strewn throughout his writing that will have great significance in the last book.

Spensa’s world has been under attack for decades. Now pilots are the heroes of what’s left of the human race, and becoming one has always been Spensa’s dream. Since she was a little girl, she has imagined soaring skyward and proving her bravery. But her fate is intertwined with her father’s–a pilot himself who was killed years ago when he abruptly deserted his team, leaving Spensa’s chances of attending flight school at slim to none.

No one will let Spensa forget what her father did, yet fate works in mysterious ways. Flight school might be a long shot, but she is determined to fly. And an accidental discovery in a long-forgotten cavern might just provide her with a way to claim the stars.

Published inEverybody

Be First to Comment