Hi! My name is Mrs. Brock, and here are some fun facts about me:
- I’m an open-minded tech coordinator and second grade teacher wanting to do what’s best for kids using the science and research of how kids learn best. I have an old soul with the heart of a child. I’m always willing to work with, listen, and learn from others to go back to the drawing board to figure out solutions to help each child, parent, and teacher.
- Called to be a teacher, and I love it. I’m learning all the time with those around me!
- I have a Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education from Auburn and a certification in Physical Education.
- I have a Masters in TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) from Auburn and an Instructional Leadership certification from the University of Montevallo.
- I have a wonderful, thoughtful husband, Bradley, who is the Estimating Division Manager at Marathon Electrical Contractors and works hard to prioritize our family.
- We have a friendly, active toddler, Levi!
- My hobbies are educational development, trail running, maintaining my household, writing, reading the newspaper, photography, and exercising!
- I really value parent communication, input, feedback and collaboration. It takes a village!
- It’s a big step up from 1st grade to 2nd, but I’m here for you and your child in the process. 🙂
- children’s book authors: Jon Klassen, Mac Barnett, Tomie de Paola, and Mo Willems
- Ted Talk: Rita Pierson
- food: COFFEE (yes it has its own food group to me!), trail mix
- season: Fall
- holiday: Thanksgiving
- song: Joyful Joyful
Mrs. Vaughan is Fancy Nancy and I am Ms. Frizzle for Halloween book characters!
Here’s our little man. This 5-pound miracle joined us in September 2018. He’s more than 25 pounds now!