Hi! My name is Mrs. Brock, and here are some fun facts about me:
- I’m an open-minded teacher with old-school values. I’m always willing to go back to the drawing board to figure out solutions. 😉
- The Lord called me to be a teacher, and I love it! I’m learning all the time with those around me!
- I have a Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education from Auburn and a certification in Physical Education.
- I have a Masters in TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) from Auburn and am getting my certification in Instructional Leadership from the University of Montevallo.
- I have a wonderful, thoughtful husband, Bradley, who is Head Estimator at Marathon Electrical Contractors and works hard to prioritize our family.
- We have a friendly, active toddler, Levi!
- My hobbies are drinking coffee, trail running, maintaining my household, writing, reading the newspaper, photography, and exercising!
- I really value parent communication, input, feedback and collaboration. It takes a village!
- It’s a big step up from 1st grade to 2nd, but I’m here for you and your child in the process. 🙂
- teacher gifts: $30 for 1,000 copies; sticky notes, books from my favorite authors (see below), extra crayons, HP ink 62 (black and color), white copy paper, white cardstock paper, crayons, and hand sanitizer
- children’s book authors: Jon Klassen, Mac Barnett, Tomie de Paola, and Mo Willems
- Ted Talk: Rita Pierson
- food: COFFEE (yes it has its own food group to me!), raw fruits, nuts, and vegetables
- season: Fall
- holiday: Thanksgiving
- song: Joyful Joyful
Mrs. Vaughan is Fancy Nancy and I am Ms. Frizzle for Halloween book characters!
Here’s our little man. This 5-pound miracle joined us in September 2018. He’s more than 25 pounds now!