yes, sixth grade, you MUST blog extra on labor day

i mean, that’s where the day got it’s name in the first place, right??? this evil teacher, mr. mayfield, made his students labor so hard, day after day after day, that a special day was created to honor everyone’s attempt to read a billion books a week – and write responses that were never exactly creative enough to meet his high demands (b/c he was creatively brilliant – i mean, a superhero with a binder battling a tragedy bear??? you just can’t make this stuff up people…)

“rickey and robinson” – book on the relationship between jackie robinson and the GM that signed up to break baseball’s color barrier – amazing as it is, the author knew both guys – i just honestly assumed everyone was dead from that situation that could add light on the subject – so it was a very good read – regardless of your interest in baseball, robinson is a great biography read

“you might have known me…” – biography on phil hartman(n) – he did SNL – he did tv – he was on peewee’s playhouse – he voiced troy mcclure on the simpsons – really funny/creative guy to read about – his end was tragic

“buffy the vampire slayer: season eight, volume 1” – okay, i don’t think i have any audience members out there, but those of you that regularly read comics/graphic novels – mega props – i was thoroughly lost and confused trying to do so – lots more to them than i ever figured – i definitely got a lot out of it

remember, all day reading and writing on labor day or else you fail sixth grade!!!

maf

53 thoughts on “yes, sixth grade, you MUST blog extra on labor day”

1. Line:
    “we are going away from our island”

Commentary:

I chose this line because Karana told Ronto-Aru that she wanted to leave the island. He only put his head to one side like his father and when Karana finished telling him that she wanted to leave the island he went to a sunny place, laid down, and then fell asleep. Then, the tribe of white men came for her and Ronto-Aru. Next, Karana and Ronto-Aru got on the ship and sailed away.
    Line:

“Dolphins rose out of the sea”

Commentary:

I chose this line because when they were on the ship dolphins swam gracefully through the bright water. They swam for many leagues near the ship. Karana loved seeing the dolphins again! That was another reason she named the island “Island of the Blue Dolphins.

2. This is just one of my blogs for this week.

Football dream: By, William H. Edwards

Beggining: The main character remembers as a boy when he was little the thrill and adrinalane of football, to think now as he is older, there’s the turning point of his career. That stirred his boyish blood up and opened a door through which he could look into a new world.

3. This is my last three journals i’m doing because iv’e done one but this one is on a differnt book
    UNGIFTED: By, GORDON KORMAN

Beggining: Donovan Curtis,”The main character”, say’s “I want a refund from ancestry.com,-no copywright- anyways he says that it took him all the way back into the revolution. The point is none of them were like him!, no class clowns, nobody that got tomatoes thrown at them…nobody! The closest person is a guy that jumped off a battlement as Donovan say’s,”Whatever that is?”
    Beggining: He say’s to his self if I would have been being shot at by the Union army I would have probably jumped off whatever that was, even so my whole family calls me, “Reckless”. My mother calls me. “Poor impulse control”, thats the school phychologis. “Your gonna break your idiot neck one day, or someones gonna break it for you.” My dad. As Donovan say’s all that….p.s. very mean! YOUR GONNA BREAK YOUR NECK, OR SOMEONES GONNA BREAK IT FOR YOU!!
    Beggining: Donovan say’s, there probably right, there all right. If I can reach, punch, kick, shout it out, paint it, launch it, or light it on fire I cant resist it. Im like a puppet, my brain say’s no but my body say’s yes. I don’t think; I do.”
    He say’s it can be little things like throwing darts at my sisters pool float to test her swimming skills or it can be like spitting back at llamas at the zoo. It can be more creative-a helium balloon, a fishhook, and Uncle Mark’s toupee.

:):): ):):):):):):):):):):):):)::):)::):):):);0)):):))