A Message from Dr. Larry Haynes:
Dear OMMS Parents and Guardians:
Thank you for your continuous support throughout the 2022-2023 school year. It is difficult to imagine we are already in the 4th quarter of the school year. With the first portion of required ACAP testing beginning next week, the OMMS teachers and staff are working together with our students to make sure we have a strong and positive finish to the school year.
Please note that 6th and 8th grade students only will take the ACAP Science Assessment on Wednesday (3/22) and Thursday (3/23) of next week. This will help students avoid test fatigue following Spring Break while limiting our total testing days during the month of April to five. The testing days are as follows:
Wednesday, March 22 –Science (6th and 8th grades only)
Thursday, March 23 – Science (6th and 8th grades only)
Tuesday, April 11 – English Language Arts (All grades)
Wednesday, April 12 – English Language Arts (All grades)
Thursday, April 13 — English Language Arts (All grades)
Tuesday, April 18 — Mathematics (All grades)
Wednesday, April 19 – Mathematics (All grades)
Since the results of these tests will provide insight on student mastery in addition to areas in need of growth for each subject tested, it is important that we provide as many supports as possible. Here are some research tested methods to help students on testing days:
· Get a good night of rest and sleep.
· Eat a good breakfast that includes protein. (The OMMS cafeteria will be serving high protein items such as sausage biscuits, bacon, egg, and cheese croissants, etc. on testing days. The cafeteria will also try to have grape juice available on testing days.)
· At the school level, we will test in the mornings, and observe a bell schedule that allows students an opportunity to have time with each teacher throughout the day.
· Please keep in mind since testing cannot be interrupted, students will not be able to check in or check out prior to 10:00 a.m. on testing days.
· There will be no homework assignments or major class assessments during testing.
Thank you in advance for helping this year’s state testing go as smoothly as possible.
Larry Haynes, Principal
Reply to author