Dear OMMS Parents and Guardians:
Thank you for your consistent support so far during ACAP testing. As most of you know, due to a glitch with a major hub at the Alabama State Department of Education, we were not able to administer the first section of the ACAP English Language Arts/Reading assignment on Tuesday, April 12. Fortunately, we were able to get in the first two days of testing on Wednesday and Thursday.
Due to the change, we will now be testing all students on the following days next week:
Monday, April 17 English Language Arts (All grades)
Tuesday, April 18 Mathematics (All grades)
Wednesday, April 19 Mathematics (All grades)
Since the results of these tests will provide insight on student mastery in addition to areas in need of growth for each subject tested, it is important that we provide as many supports as possible. Here are some research tested methods to help students on testing days:
· Get a good night of rest and sleep.
· Eat a good breakfast that includes protein. (The OMMS cafeteria will be serving high protein items such as sausage biscuits, bacon, egg, and cheese croissants, etc. on testing days. The cafeteria will also try to have grape juice available on testing days.)
· At the school level, we will test in the mornings, and observe a bell schedule that allows students an opportunity to have time with each teacher.
· Since testing cannot be interrupted, students will not be able to check in or check out prior to 10:00 a.m. on testing days.
· There will be no homework assignments or major class assessments until testing is completed.
· Since Chromebooks are being utilized for testing, in addition to students having no outside assignments, all Chromebooks will remain at school until testing is over.
Thank you in advance for helping this year’s state test go as smoothly as possible.
Larry Haynes, Principal