Class Dojo

In the past for classroom motivation and positive reinforcement, I have given tallies for good behavior. When a student got 10 or more tallies by the end of the week, they get treasure box on Friday!

This year, I’m trying something different. Class Dojo has a lot of neat elements that help me motivate my students and communicate with parents. There’s a way to message on the website and on the app with parents, similar to the Remind app.

Each student gets a little avatar monster and can earn or lose points for specific behaviors I set. Parents join and can see the points depending on what the teacher sets. If a child has 10 points by the end of the week, they can still get treasure box!

My kids love the positive reinforcement of getting points and watching their monster on the Smartboard during the day.

I love that Class Dojo has videos related to Social Emotional Learning. This week, for example, we are working on empathy. Mojo is the main monster character in a video series that goes through the school day and learns what it means to empathize with his friends. Empathy is just one example of character lessons we talk through each year.

You can also use it as a digital portfolio to upload students’ work so their parents can see. We haven’t tried it yet, but we may!

Here’s the link if you want to check it out! https://www.classdojo.com/

Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment