Goodbye Second Grade, Hello Summer!

Well, we did it! I cannot begin to express how grateful I am to this group of students and families and all the educators in general. This has been a year like no other. I can confidently say that this group of students and families met and exceeded every expectation. We all worked so hard. The students were flexible, had a good attitude and were willing to do their best in the classroom. They worked hard to become a little class family that cared for each other, forgave each other, and looked out for each other. The parents were also amazing to work with. They worked with me through phone calls, Google Meet conferences, a visit to the ball fields, and weekly emails. Although I missed them coming into the classroom this year, they even were willing to do virtual events for our students. It was incredible and humbling to me!

So, I just wanted to say “Thank You.” Thank you, Students, whom I love. Thank you, Parents for ALL the work you put into making this second grade year of “firsts” successful for your child. Thank you, educators, administrators, pastors, nurses, and every other caring adult who poured into my students, supporting me and them to have an incredible, productive, FUN, second-grade experience. It was an honor!

I’m just now updating my blog because it has been a BUSY year for me since 2021 started. I, personally, have been in school at Montevallo finishing up my Instructional Leadership certificate (the end is in sight this year)! I have my toddler and husband, as we have been emerging back into society after (honestly, enjoying being homebodies during the year) 2020. My small extended family has had some (non-COVID related) health issues since February of 2021, and we’ve spent a lot of time with our family, who are on the mend, now that it’s July.

I love teaching. The longer I teach, the more I realize how much I have to learn. I know that I am here for the students. They are Number 1. I also believe that I am here for their parents. Our culture doesn’t seem to appreciate the effort it takes to be the parent of school-age children. Adulting is hard, and I appreciate every moment the longer I am a wife and mom. Finally, I believe in the power of education. I want to be a voice for educators. We are the “boots on the ground” and often misunderstood workers in the lives of these precious children. There are so many parts of our job that only experience can teach us.

If you are a student, parent, friend, or educator, I want you to know that you are important. You are special. You are loved. You are appreciated, and you are not alone. Thank YOU for all you do. I look forward to starting at new year with you in Fall 2021.

In the meantime, Happy Summer!

Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment