and we’re back…

wow, three days w/o the blog makes one weak (pun intended)

“open your eyes” – william m let me borrow this one – inspiring read before my mobile race – good mix of first person and explanation from another POV – keeping hope can be the toughest thing to do in life

“the book of games and warm ups for group leaders” – definitely not what i expected – i expected a book on games and warm ups for group leaders:) instead, i got more of an eastern religious text about acceptance, non-competitiveness – and some strange games – i did find two that were good though – so that was good – but lots of touching in the games that we’d never do in our class:)

“below” – one book away from completing elem BOB – this one was good – really liked it – mystery – history – and just about what’s below eventually comes to the surface – good metaphor for much of life

happy blogging

maf

40 thoughts on “and we’re back…”

1. FIRST FIRST FIRST

2. i am finally done with nimue now to kiera
    “Book of Mordred:Kiera”;Line:’…and there was no smoke, nor blood…’
    Commentary: kiera has a vision that mordred is dead because of her. she is screaming and crying( i think she kills mordred eventually). nimue hopefully harnesses this power.

WaspMan Out

3. Line:Sometimes I feel just completly alone sad have no one there for me , and sometimes it hurts , but that’s what made me stronger .Knowing that I could do it without anyone’s help.

Commentary:In the story the main character feels completly lost and feels as she has no one there to guide her but as she fights through the challenges life had to throw at her.It felt good to her because she knew she was able to do without anyone’s help so it made her stronger and to know she did without anyone’s help it made her feel better about her self , it boosted her self esteem.It was what made her stronger , what made her strive.

4. i am loving this book

5. i am doing a dialectical journal today since i didn’t do one on monday

6. 6:05-“Book of Mordred:Kiera”;Line:’…and something dropped: Merlin’s ring’
    Commentary: kiera had a vision that nimue was in trouble then she ”died” or something. kiera’s power is getting stronger and now nimue has no way to train her. this is getting intense.
    don’t forget tomorrow is prediction day write your prediction for your books

WaspMan Out

7. Creative Writing

In class we are reading A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare. So far, we have a huge love triangle. One couple is getting married. Another girl is being forced to die, or marry the guy he father wants but she dosent. She wants another guy, but another guy wants her, so the other guy wants the other guy out. πŸ™‚ haha. So they are going to met in the woods to run away but someone wants them to get caught so she can have one of they guys. Also a group of actors is supposed to practice there so it’s dramatic irony because we know they will all meet, but they don’t.

πŸ™‚ It’s confusing, but it’s good

8. Ok so here’s a creative poem – glad Mr. Mayfield enjoyed the Jake Olson book – he was a great speaker and I enjoy reading about his faith among the obstacle that is being ‘physically blind’ as he puts it. Now for the poem, about patience – its a haiku.

Patience

Sometimes you must wait
    For the grandest of thrills
    Which are worth the wait.

9. Line: Sometimes i wish i was noticed.

Commentary: kelsi wish she was noticed more its like everbody hates her very badly and she wants to move schools and her parents let her. so she is always wanting to be noticed and so far she doesent know a dude likes her so shes cluless and thats all ive read so far

10. this is what ive memorized of shakespeare so far

call you me fair that fair again unsay demitrius loves your fair o happy fair your eyes lode stars and your tongue sweet air more tuneable than lark to the shepherds ear when wheat is green and hawthorn buds appear sickness is caching o were favor so for yours fair hermia would i catch ere i gomy tongue should catch your tongues sweet melody the world ours demitrius being bated the rest teach me how u look and with what art you sway the motion of demitrius heart

wow i memorized all of it!

11. January
    Cal was in the kitchen with Rafe and his mum. (mom) Rafe had a bunch of mail in his arm and laid it on the counter, there was one piece of mail that Cal glanced at and he saw his name and there address on it. Right when Cal was about to reach for it Rafe said that it was about time for him to go and told Cal’s mom that he would see her later that night at the courthouse. Then practicality pulled the piece of mail out of Cal’s hands. And Cal then jumped up and said, “HEY!, that piece of mail was addressed to ME!” “you must be seeing things…” said Rafe. “Stop! and let him leave!” said Cal’s mum.
    I have 2 more! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

12. January
    Then Cal tried to get the piece of mail out of Rafe’s bag. But, with Rafe’s hurt foot, he stumbled backwards, and fell over. ( πŸ™‚ ) “Cal!!” His mom yelled, then helped Rafe back to his feet. Then Rafe glared at Cal and then walked out the door… as soon as Cal’s mom heard the door slam, she yelled, “Cal!! What has gotten into you, he could have been hurt even worse than he is!” Then Cal was about to say, The stupid guy fell over by himself! But he stoped and did not want his mom to get mad.

13. Charity begins at home, and justice begins next door.(Charles Dickens)
    what ever you do in life has it consequences

To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction.(Newton)
    no matter what you do here is always a positive or negative repercussion

Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all.(Johnny Depp)
    He lives a good life and has fun because he is a pirate

14. Line: I wanted to make my parents happy

Commentary: Hazel is a sixteen year old girl with cancer. Her parents were trying to talk her into joining a cancer support group. Hazel kept moaning and saying “If you want me to be a normal sixteen year old then get me a fake ID and let me go to parties and clubs.” Her parents argued and then she argued so, she finally said “Fine” to make her parents happy.

Line: I stayed up pretty late that night reading the “Prince of Dawn”

Commentary: Hazel met this boy named Agustus Waters at her cancer support group. Agustus invited Hazel to his house after the group was over.

To be continued……….

15. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
    John Quincy Adams
    ^
    I think there is more to being a leader than just taking charge. Being a leader means you inspire others to be like you and do the things you do just because yo’re that great of a person that you make people want to live their live like you do because they see like your life is so good. Being a leader is good for you and for others.

“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.”
    John C. Maxwell
    ^
    A lot of times in dance our teacher chooses a person to show the others a move, and we all know it doesn’t mean that one person is better, it just means that they know how to do it. Being able to do something and then show others how to do it is good leadership. You need to be able to take charge when needed and lead others to where they need to be.

“Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.”
    Martin Luther King, Jr.
    ^
    Love is a powerful thing, it brings people together and brings up the weary. Love is the only things that keeps the universe together. Love is what makes your friends your friends. Love is something that makes people happy and joyful.

“One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.”
    Lucius Annaeus Seneca
    ^
    A good friendship is when you understand each other and talk to each other about personal things.

16. have i mentioned i am loving this book

17. i am hopefully going to start a podcast!

18. “Book Of Mordred:Kiera”;Creative:Prediction Day
    i predict a big battle happens
    i predict kiera accidentally kills mordred
    i predict avagrine kills kiera and arthur
    i predict nimue comes back alive
    don’t forget thursday might mean prediction day
    WaspMan Out

19. i have just discovered that a person by the name of ‘my name is to long’ is trying to destroy my legacy well i have a message for you ‘my name is to long’ i will keep my position and mayfieldia will remain honorless
    WaspMan Out

20. Im reading American sniper because I guess I’ll go with the habit that I’ve been into which is reading a book only after hearing the movie was good because my family doesn’t go to the movie theater that often. Anyways I like the books more in some ways because they tell more than the movie. Im to the part in the book where chris Kyle is in fallujah, I think that’s how it’s spelled, and he is taking down insurgents each day as a sniper to help conquer the city and help the marines. IM to the part where he’s just taken his longest shot at an insurgent. Some insurgents that are far out from the seals and marines make fun of them and laugh because nobody’s tried to hit them. Well chris has to eyeball this shot because his scope wouldn’t even account for it and he hits him straight in the stomach and his friends didn’t think that was funny anymore.

21. Continued part…….
    Commentary: Augustus asked Hazel what her hopes, dreams, and fears were. She said that she likes reading Imperial Affliction.Augustus told Hazel he likes reading also and he thought of an idea, to switch books. Hazel was up pretty late that night reading the book he had given her.

Creative: One day I came home from school and my dog Romeo was sitting on the couch waiting for me to come pet him. I sat down on the couch and told him I was about to have to memorize Shakespeare. All of a sudden, he started scratching on my bedroom door. I opened it and went and sat on the bed with him. He told me to go get the paper I needed to memorize. I got the paper and went back in my room. Romeo thought of a great idea. He told me that I could have an earpiece in my ear and he could have a microphone telling me what every word was because no one would be home that day. I said, “Romeo, what a great idea!” A week later when we had the quiz on Shakespeare we did as planned. I took the quiz and got an A+ on it and Romeo’s secret about talking remained between him and I.

22. alrighty here’s a little analysis of what i’ve read this week from ‘Open You Eyes”.

there is a metaphor thst i really like in this book, and its the one about the foggy golf course. once in a golf tournament, the pros had a tough outing because of heavy fog and their scores reflected that. the book made a point that Jake Olson, who lost his sight at age 12 to cancer, and is a amateur golfer himself, wouldn’t have been effeted by the impaired vision of the green. it talks about how Jake is focused on the landing place, not the hazards around him like a bunker, or pond. he can’t see them, so he is focused only on the end result.

this applies to our lives too. if we worry too much about the distractions, or roadblocks in our life, we will hit them. if we focus on the end result, we move past the obstacles with ease.

p.s. yes, i do think that a book with lots of golf metaphors would be perfect for billy

23. January
    When Cal got home from the cematary with Boges he walked in and found a note on the fridge from his mum, and said, “Ran to the store for food, be back soon! XX MUM” Then he sat down, out of breath, and then he noticed that the house was really quiet, too quiet. Then he called Gabbi and know one answered, he got up and called again, but STILL know one answered, so he started to walk faster almost running. But then he saw something that made him drop his bag.. It was Rafe, in a pool of is own blood. Then He got nervous and ran up to Gabbi’s room and he saw her laying, but no blood, but she was not breathing, and so he tried to do CPR but it was not Working!! πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™
    That is all for the WEEK!! πŸ™‚

24. CARRYING THE BURDEN
    Article on Mark Ingram

For all their diversity, they had at least this in common: Each parent- in at least one case, bothparents in prison.And all were girding for the holiday season knowing that the incompleteness of their families would feel especially pronounced at this time of year.

The Mark Ingram foundation and Mark Ingram himself did this to help kids without families due to drugs, and other stuff. Mark really does it because he was in the same situation as a kid with his dad.

My dad always asked me to not let it all affet me and to be the man of the house, Ingram says. I wasnt gonna let him down.

Mark always tells the kids, Never Give Up and he knew what it was like. Mark had to be a man without his father along the way. His mom couldnt always be there.

25. Tuesday- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”

George Bernard Shaw

People say they have to find them self in life which means you need to find out who you are but if you try and find who your are its not really you .
    You need to make who you are from experience , decisions you make, etc. not go look at someone and like what they have created of them selves you need to go and create your self not try and plagiarize someone else. You need to go make your self from top to bottom until your happy not anyone else.

26. Wednesday- “”My life is my message.”

Mahatma Gandhi

You don’t know who’s paying attention to you. Right now you don’t know how your life is going to pan out you could be living on the streets as a hobo or you could make a movement that spreads across the world. Or you could even change one person’s life either way your sending a message with your life whether its positive or negative.

27. Thursday- “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.”

Charles Darwin

When you think the value of life its trying to do as much possible before you die that’s worth living for. When thinking about how valuable life is thinking about wasting any second of it is horrific and stupid. So when you think of wasting anytime it means you haven’t discovered the beauty of life.

28. Hello Peeps

i have some inspiration for a poem about katetopia

It use to be powerful
    but then one mistake
    the man in the sky
    put the lasagna on bake
    and it burnt through the sky
    flinging babies every where
    then elijah from the tacopire came down from the stairs
    it has all been destroyed
    it is all mine
    i control the weather
    so i said long live katetopia
    it rains forever…

29. Well I had been bragging about it to my friends all night and I had a feeling it was gone and sure enough it was” said Alexa

” thank you for your time ” said the cop

” you are so very welcome I thought you might need one so I came and asked and sure enough you did! ” said Alexa

Everybody was calling home asking if they would come and get them after what had happened and everyone left except for jalyn, Cameron, Jordan, and Alexa. Journals

Line

” and God said let their be light and then there was light

Commentary

I chose this line out of the bible because god is truly amazing with what he can do. Even though that we sin and do a lot of wrong things he still loves us and that is truly awesome

Line

He took Adams rib and dust and made a woman named eve

Commentary

I code this line because Adam needed somebody else to stay with and whenever she came to life she came alive by Adams rib and dust

30. So far in Gathering Blue Kira has become accustomed to her new home and has befriended Thomas the carpenter. She goes to see Annabella to learn how to make dyes. One day on the path she hears growling and becomes afraid of beasts. Annabella assures her that there are no beasts, but Kira doesn’t believe her.

Line: “Pretending doesn’t keep you safe” (Lowry, 2000).
    Commentary: You can pretend your problems don’t exist, but you can’t avoid them forever. Eventually you will have to face your fears and confront your problems.

Line: β€œWhen you care about someone and give them something special. Something that they treasure. That’s a gift” (Lowry, 2000)
    Commentary: Kira is explaining to Matt what a gift is, because Matt has never been given one, due to the fact that he grew up in the Fen and is very poor in their society.

Creative:

Drama, drama, the stage is live,
    for all of the ones who live and die.
    From comedy to tragedy, from crying to laughter,
    There will always be applause after.
    No matter how fierce, no matter how poor.
    There will be drama forevermore.

How very poetic, right?

31. Hihihhihihihihihihihihihihihihohi OOOHHHHHH hi

32. O-breath OOOHHHHHH-giant breath

33. Book: The Story of Stone
    Prompt 1: Dialectical Journal 1
    Line: “He sees the dead in his dreams,” Jerat whispered over the sleeping child’s head. (167 Browne)
    Commentary: Jerat is referring to his brother, Ro, who almost died and supposedly left part of his soul behind at “death’s shore.” This is important to the story as it gives Jerat a reason to protect Ro.
    Prompt 2: Dialectical Journal 2
    Line: “Long ago I collected water from a sacred spring far, far from here. All thing washed in that water have a kind of special life. I have washed your stone in that water – that washing is my gift to you.” (178 Browne)
    Commentary: He is referring to a mysterious stone that has powers, presumably obtained here. This takes place in a “memory” and these “memories are our only way of discovering information about the stone. This helps the story develop as the backstory is told more directly than most other books’.
    Prompt 3: Alternate ending (whole book)
    Just as Nela realised that she agreed, a mysterious shape appeared in the distance. She recognized it as Millard, returning with a vengeance. She ran, separated from Moss. She managed to escape, but she never saw Moss again.
    Prompt 4: Creative: A day in the life of a Dwarf
    This is story about a dwarf named Marmon. Marmon wanted to write about himself, so he did. This is Marmon’s autobiography. When Marmon was a child, about 8 or so, he received his first shovel. Marmon still has his first shovel, he keeps in a case in his hobble. Marmon was very happy about his shovel. He began to dig around his ancestors’ house. He found he enjoyed digging and that digging kept his anger issues in check. Marmon is now 36 and still enjoys digging a lot. Today, Marmon has a pickax, too. Everyday, he follows a schedule. He wakes up. He eats a very big breakfast. He then goes down into the mines to do his daily mining. After he finishes mining, he put the ores and gems in his treasure hole and goes to bed. Marmon is now tired. Marmon will finish his book now.

34. Book: The Story of Stone
    Prompt 1: Dialectical Journal 1
    Prompt 2: Dialectical Journal 2
    Prompt 3: Alternate ending (whole book)
    This is story about a dwarf named Marmon. Marmon wanted to write about himself, so he did. This is Marmon’s autobiography. When Marmon was a child, about 8 or so, he received his first shovel. Marmon still has his first shovel, he keeps in a case in his hobble. Marmon was very happy about his shovel. He began to dig around his ancestors’ house. He found he enjoyed digging and that digging kept his anger issues in check. Marmon is now 36 and still enjoys digging a lot. Today, Marmon has a pickax, too. Everyday, he follows a schedule. He wakes up. He eats a very big breakfast. He then goes down into the mines to do his daily mining. After he finishes mining, he put the ores and gems in his treasure hole and goes to bed. Marmon is now tired. Marmon will finish his book now. He says goodbye.

35. if i were an eighth grade boy, i’d be line asking those bumpus girls out – how intimidating would it be to date a girl smarter than you in trivia??? man, that’s the dream… πŸ™‚

36. Numbeeeeeeerrrrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ™ it has ended