***Updated on 1-8-16
Monday, January 4, 2016:
Teacher Workday. No students.
Tuesday, January 5, 2016:
- ACT Prep: Idioms—Page 1266 in lit book
- Discuss essential questions for this third 9 weeks.
- Have students draw from a box. Find out who “wins” the prize. Have that person sit in the middle of the classroom and give them a prize.
- Do a Predictogram for “The Lottery”
- Read/listen to “The Lottery” (I have 20 copies, so students need to look on with a partner. Audio/Text #1 Audio/Text #2
Wednesday, January 6, 2016:
- ACT Prep: Lit Book, Pg. 1267: Vocabulary Acquisition and Use: Sentence Completion
- thelotterypptusethisoneplease2016 TAKE NOTES
- Discussion/answer the questions as a class (Standard 15. (RI. 11-12.6) Determine an author’s point of view or purpose in a text in which the rhetoric is particularly effective, analyzing how style and content contribute to the power, persuasiveness, or beauty of the text.) Students will identify the point of view in “The Lottery” and analyze the way in which the work is effective for the reader.
- Discuss: Irony/Morality (Standard 10. (RI. 11-12.7) Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matter uncertain.)
Thursday, January 7, 2016
- No bellringer. Finish PowerPoint Notes on “The Lottery”
- 2 short videos: “The Lottery” and “Discussion: The Lottery”
Friday, January 8, 2016 REPORT CARDS
- In library learning about new releases and picking out a fun book to read.
- Quiz on “The Lottery”
- Reading silently. (New books we just checked out)