Monday, February 23, 2015:
1. Bellringer–Bronze Grade: So You Think You Can Argue–Claims and Counterclaims,
3.What we are looking for today:
“Man’s Rights” by Ayn Rand. Be ready to a)determine Rand’s point of view or purpose writing “Man’s Rights”, b)find examples of effective rhetoric, c)analyze how style and content contribute to the power/persuasiveness/or beauty of her writing.
5. Question/Answer regarding Persuasive Essays/Works Cited/In Text Citations
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
1. Bellringer–Bronze Grade:Analysis of diction and syntax<–ppt
2. Quick review of yesterday’s work.
I will have copies of the story in class.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
1. Bellringer–Bronze Grade: Understatement and Litotes
2. Continue with “The Outcasts of Poker Flat” and questions
Thursday, February 26, 2015
1. Bellringer–Bronze Grade: Bias
2. Turn in persuasive essays–gold grade
This is what we have been doing, skill-wise, when we have been writing our persuasive essays this 9 weeks:
4. Pre Reading/Anticipation Guide for 12 Angry men/Casting of characters
Please come to Unleashed (our version of “Write Night”) 6:30 to 8:00
Friday, February 27, 2015
1. Bellringer–Bronze Grade: Academic Vocabulary for the past 9 weeks review
2. Begin 12 Angry Men play