1. Journal #3
2. Writer’s Choice book, pages 12-14 “Writing in a journal” and “Writing a Letter” pages 20-22
3. Poetry Exercise: Lesson 10/Letter Poems Handout
Students will read examples of a letter poem and then write two different letter poems. When finished, share and offer constructive criticism–peer editing.
Turn in for bronze grade.
4. Discussion on Epistolary Novels
Get information about writing your first short story via letters/emails/blog entries, etc.
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
1. Journal #4
2. In computer lab upstairs. Begin typing/writing your epistolary short story. Finish at home. Save on flash drive or on Google docs
Due date: Friday, August 21 silver grade.
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
1. Journal #5
2. Writing With Art Wednesdays1, turn in for bronze grade.
4. On your own sheet of paper, brainstorm humiliations that children have to go through, either in a humorous way or not so humorous. Pick one to write a poem about, using Sharon Olds’ poem as a guide. Hang on to this until next week.
Thursday, August 20, 2015
1. Journal #6
2. Bring laptop or device into class to work on short story, or look through last year’s literary magazine and make a list of the poems or stories you enjoyed and a quick explanation of why. What are you hoping to submit to the magazine this year? Stories, poems, essays?
Friday, August 21, 2015
1. Journal #7
2. Circle up, share epistolary short stories. Constructive Criticism on post its, turn in.
3. Read your own chosen book when you are done.