Deadline Application: March 13, 2024 (2PM)
The Birmingham Aero Club Air Safety Foundation via the Thurston W. Sumner Flight Education Program will be funding multiple scholarships in 2024 for individuals pursuing aviation-related goals. These goals may include initial flight training, advanced ratings, Aircraft Maintenance Technician certification, and other aviation-related education. This scholarship opportunity is available to students of all ages. Financial need and prior aviation experience are not required.
Applications will be accepted from February 1, 2024 through April 30, 2024. Applicants will be notified of the disposition of their application by May 31. Funds will be disbursed during the Birmingham Aero Club’s June 20th meeting.
Students interested in this scholarship should see Mr. Hudson or email him at email@example.com for more information.
Submission deadline: Sunday, February 25, 2024.
Eligibility: Graduating high school seniors in Shelby County public schools who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing racial justice and the potential to be outstanding community leaders.
Sponsoring organizations: Shelby County NAACP and Montevallo Legacy Project.
Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SchoolHouse Connection’s Youth Leadership and Scholarship Program
- $2500 Scholarship
- One-on-One Support from Staff and a National Peer Support Network
- All-Expenses-Paid Awards Trip to Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida
- All-Expenses-Paid Advocacy Trip to Washington, DC
- All-Expenses-Paid Retreat Trip Focused on Workforce Success
- Opportunities to Engage in Local, State, and National Advocacy Work
You Are Eligible if:
- You are currently residing in the United States (Note: undocumented applicants are eligible)
- You were born on or after June 1, 2004
- You will begin college (four year, community college, or trade school) for the first time in 2025 (not including dual-enrollment courses)
- You experienced homelessness in the last six years
- Full High School Transcript (Unofficial or Official)
- Letter of Recommendation (at least one and a maximum of three)
- Essay (1,000 words maximum that answers all three of the topics below)
- Your experience of homelessness and how it relates to your life and education.
- Your commitment to education during your experience of homelessness.
- Your desire to attend college
For more information and to apply, please visit this link: https://schoolhouseconnection.org/scholarship/
The Psi Xi Omega Chapter presents two $2500 scholarships and two $500 book stipends offered to an African American senior with at least a 2.75 unweighted G.P.A. who attends a high school located in Shelby County, Alabama by March 13, 2024. All interested candidates Apply using the Google form below.
Each year, the SCEA presents $1000 scholarships in two categories: student and member. The student scholarships are awarded to graduating high school seniors who are children or grandchildren of Shelby County AEA members. The member scholarship is awarded to a Shelby County AEA member who is furthering his or her career by seeking an advanced college degree in an education-related field.
Attached are the applications for those two scholarships. All guidelines must be followed correctly. The completed packet of materials must be received by Friday, March 15, 2024 at 3:30 pm. No electronic applications will be accepted.
Only active members of the Shelby County Education Association may apply. (Support personnel should contact Wendy Farmer at Linda Nolen Learning Center.) Kindly contact Erica Davis, at Vincent Middle/High School, if you have any questions.
Lhoist North America would like the opportunity to support the community by offering a one-time award scholarship to graduating high school seniors.
The Lhoist North America Community Scholarship is available to students in the 2024 graduating class. Annually, a community award will be granted to the student most deserving based on financial need, demonstrated moral integrity, involvement in community activities and work ethics with a clearly articulated career goal.
Attached are the scholarship application and guidelines. A committee of Lhoist North America employees in our local community will select the community award recipient.
Applications must be received in our local office no later than March 22, 2024.
Students should mail or email their applications and supporting documents to the address or email listed on the flyer.