Applications for the 2023 $10,000 ALET Debbie Rice Memorial Scholarship are now being accepted. The deadline for submission is November 25th. The winner will be announced in early 2023.
The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide four-year need-based merit scholarship providing each recipient with the opportunity to graduate college debt-free, providing up to $6,000 each semester. After graduation from college Hagan Scholars can apply for a two-year extension of their scholarship to attend graduate school or a professional school, receiving $6,000 each semester.
Free workshops, Free Schwab Brokerage Accounts, and Free Study Abroad provide recipients with a practical understanding of important life skills not typically covered in the school curriculum.
- Hagan Scholarships awarded to date: 2,933
- Colleges and Universities attend by Hagan Scholars: 429
- Hagan Scholars currently enrolled in college: 1,122
Basic Eligibility Requirements:
- Must attend an eligible public high school
- Must have achieved a 3.5 GPA
- Must enroll in an eligible college or university
- Must maintain a 4 year or less graduation schedule
- Applicant’s Adjusted Household Income reported for Federal Income Tax Purposes must not Exceed $85,000.
Visit the HSF website at www.hsfmo.org for more information.
Alabama State University will be having its Fall 2022 Connection Day on Saturday, October 15, 2022 from 10am to 2pm. See the attached flyer for more information. Students can register with the attached QR code or with the link below.
- FREE TICKETS TO THE FOOTBALL GAME
- BAND PERFORMANCES
- GREEK APPEARANCES
- CAMPUS TOURS
- COLLEGE FAIR
- FOOD TRUCKS
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to students in their final year of high school. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. With the 34th class in 2022, the Foundation has provided over 6,600 Coca-Cola Scholars with more than $78 million in educational support. 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship. Apply here through October 31, 2022.
See below from Mrs. Coogan:
I wanted to let you know that I have some ACT tutoring opportunities coming up ahead of the October ACT. If you would be willing to share these with your students I would greatly appreciate it! I have attached a flyer that can be sent or given to students as well as posted to your counseling website if applicable.
I have locked in Saturday, October 15th as the date for my mock test group session ahead of the October 22nd ACT. The session will be from 10am to 2:30pm at the Hoover Public Library and we will cover a full math and science section of a previous ACT. The cost of this 4.5 hour session will be $100.
In addition to the group mock test session, I have an exciting new opportunity! I will be offering 2 hour strategy sessions specific to the math and science sections of the ACT. In the strategy sessions a deep dive will be done into formulas, passages, and question specific strategies to improve timing and content retention. The 2 hour subject specific strategy sessions are held at First Baptist Church of Hoover and are $75 each. The Math Strategy Sessions are held on Mondays, October 10th and October 17th and the Science Strategy Sessions are held on Tuesdays, October 11th and October 18th from 6-8pm. All sessions will be unique, so that all can be attended if desired. If you are interested, all scheduling can be done on the Scheduling Tab of my website: www.STEMulateTutoring.com. Please reach out if there are any questions!!
The purpose of the scholarship program is to financially support post-secondary education for qualifying seniors. The recipient of the scholarship will be a student who:
Exemplifies the following characteristics:
• leadership within at least one school, community, or church activity
• involvement in extracurricular activities
• evidence of positive character, integrity, and leadership traits
Has attained the following achievements:
• an overall minimum academic record of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
• a demonstrated commitment to learning
• a successful experience working with children/young people
Candidates for the AAFEPA scholarship will be selected by the AAFEPA district representatives. Each district may select candidates to represent their district for the state scholarship program.
1. An eligible student must be a high school senior who plans to enroll in an accredited college or university.
2. An eligible student must demonstrate a commitment to school, academics and community activities.
3. An eligible student must meet all criteria outlined in the purpose section of this document.
Scholarship winners will be selected based upon the following areas of stated point value:
- High school transcript from spring 2022 (15 points)
- Extracurricular activities/leadership activities within the community or church, and awards received. Please list. (20 points)
- 3 letters of recommendation, including one letter from a faculty member (15 points)
- A 300 word (maximum) essay. This essay should explain why the student is applying for this scholarship and describe their personal experience with adversity and how they overcame adversity. (50 points)
The student’s application packet must be postmarked and mailed to the AAFEPA Scholarship Committee by Friday, October 7, 2022.
Application attached below.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY THEATRE AND DANCE SCHOLARSHIP DAY – OCTOBER 22, 2022
SAVE THE DATE & RESERVE YOUR SPOT!
The Department of Theatre and Dance at Auburn University is holding our annual Scholarship Day on October 22, 2022, and we’d love for you to be there!
On this special day, we invite interested theatre and dance students and their parents to visit our theatre spaces on the Auburn University campus, and to audition/interview for scholarships in any of our degree tracks. Music theatre students may also audition for acceptance into our Music Theatre program.
You will have the opportunity to meet our faculty and staff, take some “mock classes,” explore the campus, and chat with current students about Auburn’s unique theatre and dance experience!
WHAT: Auditions/interviews for our Music Theatre program as well as scholarship awards for any of our degree tracks for the start of the academic year in Fall 2023
WHEN: Saturday, October 22, 2022 beginning at 8:30 am central time (detailed schedule is forthcoming)
WHERE: Telfair B. Peet Theatre on the Auburn University campus – 350 W. Samford Avenue, Auburn, Alabama
AWARD: Outstanding students who participate in the competitive on-site auditions and presentations will be considered for scholarship awards for the 2023-24 school year. You will also hear about exciting opportunities to apply for additional scholarship funds from the college and university.
WHO: Open to high school seniors and college transfer students who intend to major in Theatre and have maintained a 3.0-grade point average in their high school or previous college academic work.
HOW: Apply on our Acceptd https://app.getacceptd.com/auburntheatre page today to secure your spot!
We hope to see you in October for this fun and informative day. To get started, make sure to hit that button below and begin your application!
Wanna know a secret?
The first 50 applications for ANY degree track are FREE!
So hurry to take advantage of this opportunity today.
If you can’t join us in October, please consider either setting up a separate, in-person visit or dropping us an email at email@example.com to schedule a phone or Zoom conversation. We would love to share our programs with you and answer any questions you might have.
The Department of Theatre and Dance
- Preview Days : JSU will be hosting Fall Preview Days on October 1st and November 12th.
- Preview Day is a FREE open-house event on campus where students can connect with faculty and staff, take a campus tour with student leaders, and attend the afternoon football game! For further information, visit our Preview Day website at https://www.jsu.edu/visit/events.html
- Merit Scholarships: Admitted students will start receiving merit-based scholarship offers in October. Review last year’s scholarship structure at https://www.jsu.edu/finaid/scholarships/new-student-merit-based-scholarships.html
- Competitive Scholarships : Our competitive scholarship application, the JAXApp https://www.jsu.edu/finaid/scholarships/competitive-foundation.html is now open (due February 1, 2023). This is an institution-wide application (meaning all active students can apply). Students can apply to over 250 scholarships through this single application by using their MyJSU login credentials.
- The JAXApp includes Performance-based scholarships, such as theatre or music, that require interviews or auditions that are scheduled on a departmental-basis.
- The Leadership Scholarship https://www.jsu.edu/finaid/scholarships/competitive-foundation.html requires a separate application and is due February 1st.
- Note that the JSU Honors Scholarship application https://www.jsu.edu/honors-program/scholarships.html is due January 6th.
- FAFSA : Students begin the 2023-2024 financial aid process by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid starting October 1st.
- Admitted students who complete the FAFSA will receive financial aid offer information to their JSU student email address. Students can qualify for federal aid such as: Pell grants, Loans, and/or Student Work Study. JSU also offers institutional need-based aid. For more information on financial aid visit the JSU Office of Financial Aid website https://www.jsu.edu/finaid/index.html or contact your school’s JSU Admissions Counselor https://www.jsu.edu/undergraduate/meet-counselors.html.
- Housing : Our housing application opens October 10th. The general priority application deadline is April 1st. More info coming soon!
Free application code is SOUTHFORME. Students can apply at the link below.
FALL USA DAY is Saturday, October 1, a wonderful open house for students and their families. They can sign up at https://explore.southalabama.edu/register/?id=aacb71c6-edf2-47a0-8dd6-3c19dd7ba556&utm_source=slate&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nsr_counselors&utm_term=email04.
Students who visit campus for a tour or event will receive a $100 visit credit when they enroll.
The University of Alabama offers the Alabama Advantage Scholarship as a need-based scholarship for in-state students. This scholarship opportunity reflects The University of Alabama’s commitment to advancing the careers of students in Alabama by removing financial barriers.
Alabama Advantage funds the remaining dollars needed to cover UA’s in-state tuition after scholarships and grants have been applied. The scholarship is renewable for four years, or eight semesters, so long as the student remains eligible.
To qualify for Alabama Advantage, students must:
- Be an Alabama resident
- Submit your application for admission and all supporting documents by to maximize scholarship opportunities
- Complete the FAFSA and be full Pell Grant eligible
- Submit all financial aid package requirements and receive financial aid award by
- Enroll full time with at least 12 credit hours per semester
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative UA GPA
Students can learn more by visiting the Alabama Advantage webpage.