The Alabama Leaders in Educational Technology (ALET) organization invites graduating seniors to apply for its $10,000 2021 ALET Debbie Rice Memorial Scholarship. Applicants who meet the criteria below
should read the guidelines carefully and follow the directions for submission. All applications must be received by mail and must be postmarked by November 18, 2020.
Criteria for Scholarship Applicant:
● The student must be a high school senior who is currently enrolled in an accredited Alabama high school.
● The technology director of the school system where the student is enrolled must be a current member of ALET as of October 1, 2020. A list of eligible systems is included for your reference.
● The applicant must have a minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher, using a 4.0 scale-unweighted.
● The applicant must have an ACT score of 17 or higher.
● Applicants must have the endorsement/signature of their Guidance Counselor/Principal on their application attesting they are qualified to apply for this scholarship.
● The student must plan to attend an accredited college, university, or technical school physically located in the state of Alabama. Full-time online colleges do not qualify.
● The student should demonstrate an interest in pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a technology-related field.
● The student should be able to demonstrate a history of volunteering and be active in school or non-school extracurricular activities.
Click below on more info and how to apply.