Please see the attached flyer for more information about a fantastic opportunity for seniors interested in a career in manufacturing.
Jefferson State-Counselors’ Scholarship
Students must meet the following criteria to be nominated by their counselor:
- Must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA after grades have posted for their first semester of the student’s senior year;
- Must be an U.S. citizen or permanent resident status;
- Must have completed an admission application to Jefferson State for Fall 2020 semester.
- Complete a 2020-2021 FAFSA for Jefferson State. JSCC school code is 001022.
- Typed, two-page essay by student on the topic “What are your career goals, and how will earning a college degree from JSCC help achieve those goals?” . Essay must be 12-point font, double spaced, and a minimum of 500 words in total.
- Typed resume of student activities.
- Completed student information section on the Jefferson State Community College 2020-21 Counselor’s Scholarship Nomination Form (attached below).
- Essay and nomination form must be submitted to Mrs. Keahey NO LATER than Friday, May 1, 2020.
- Mrs. Keahey will submit the nomination packet to Jeff State on recipient’s behalf
- Scholarship recipient will be announced at Senior Night on May 12, 2020
Eligibility: The Alabama Center for Architecture awards scholarships to eligible deserving students in the following categories:
1. High school students entering freshman year of an accredited architecture program
2. College students entering the first year of an accredited architecture program (i.e. transferring from a junior or technical college program, or enrolling in an architecture program commensing after the freshman year)
3. Undegraduate and post-graduate students continuing in an accredited B. Arch or M Arch program
4. Post-graduate students entering the first year of an accredited M Arch program
All eligible programs must be accredited by the National Architectural Accreditation Board. Students must be permanent residents within Alabama boundaries and enrolled full-time for the complete 2020-2021 academic year. Past recipients of an ACFA Scholarship are welcome to apply.
Procedure: Completed applications (including all required submissions) must be postmarked no later than February 28, 2020.
Evaluation: Awards will be based on academic performance, graphic ability, financial need, and overall interest in the profession of architecture.
Click on the link below for more information and application.
This year’s camp is scheduled for June 8th-12th from 8:30am to 3:00pm each day and will be held at the Career Technical Educational Center in Columbiana. This is a one-of-a-kind learning experience and is designed to be challenging, yet fun!
Students interested should fill out an application—link is below.
Deadline for applications is April 17th. Completed applications should be turned in the guidance office.
Additional information, permission forms, and a week-at-a-glance schedule will be sent to accepted girls prior to the beginning of camp.
The American School Bus Council announces “The Value of the Yellow School Bus to Education High School Student Video Scholarship Contest.” The contest is open to any individual who is enrolled in high school in the United States. Each submission must be the work of one individual (the “Entrant”) and must be submitted by May 6, 2020.
Please see attachments below for more information.
Please see link below for Coosa Pines Federal Credit Union Scholarship application. Scholarships will be awarded to students who are Coosa Pines FCU members and who exemplify credit union of personal and civic responsibility through their grades, extracurricular activities, essay responses, letter(s) of recommendation, and/or community service.
Deadline for application is Friday, April 3, 2020.
Scholarship amount is $2,500 and will be paid to any Alabama college or university of the winner’s choice to be used for tuition and books.
To qualify for the Hanes-Sparks Scholarship, the graduating senior applicant must have:
- Participated in varsity athletics or in an athletic related activity (cheerleader, trainer, dance, team, etc.) at a Jefferson or Shelby County, Alabama High School
- Been accepted into a four-year Alabama college or university.
- Completed ALL required forms.
Application deadline is April 17, 2020. Please click the link below for more information and application.