Jefferson State-Counselors’ Scholarship
Students must meet the following criteria to be nominated by their counselor:
- Must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA after grades have posted for their first semester of the student’s senior year;
- Must be an U.S. citizen or permanent resident status;
- Must have completed an admission application to Jefferson State for Fall 2020 semester.
- Complete a 2020-2021 FAFSA for Jefferson State. JSCC school code is 001022.
- Typed, two-page essay by student on the topic “What are your career goals, and how will earning a college degree from JSCC help achieve those goals?” . Essay must be 12-point font, double spaced, and a minimum of 500 words in total.
- Typed resume of student activities.
- Completed student information section on the Jefferson State Community College 2020-21 Counselor’s Scholarship Nomination Form (attached below).
- Essay and nomination form must be submitted to Mrs. Keahey NO LATER than Friday, May 1, 2020.
- Mrs. Keahey will submit the nomination packet to Jeff State on recipient’s behalf
- Scholarship recipient will be announced at Senior Night on May 12, 2020