National School Counseling Week
Poster & Essay Contest
ELIGIBILITY & GENERAL GUIDELINES
Participants should be current students in Alabama schools, grades K – 12.
• Grades K – 2: Submit a poster. (See guidelines below.)
• Grades 3 – 12: Submit an essay. (See guidelines below.)
• Only 1 entry per student is permitted.
All entries should reflect the designated theme.
• Grades K-11: What are School Counselors and how do they help students? How have you been helped?
• Grade 12: How has a School Counselor helped guide you toward your future?
POSTERS should not exceed 11×17 and should be completed on paper or poster board—not canvas.
ESSAYS should not exceed 1 page. Typed essays should utilize a professional font, size 12 point, with single spacing. If handwritten, essays should be clearly legible. Neatness counts! All essays must provide a clear description/discussion related to the designated theme.
ALL entries must have a completed, official cover sheet securely attached.
See Mrs. Payne for the official cover sheet and additional information.