Alabama Leaders of Educational Technology (ALET) announces a $10,000 scholarship will be awarded to a public high school senior enrolled in a school system with a delegate member in this organization. Seeking graduating seniors with a record of volunteerism in the community in both non-school sponsored and extracurricular school activities. The recipient must attend an accredited college/university or technical school located in the state of Alabama.
Criteria for Scholarship Applicant:
* Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.75 and plan to attend a 2 or 4 year accredited college/university or technical school pursuing a degree in IT or related field
* Application must be accompanied by an essay (guidelines listed under item 11 of the application)
* One page resume’ (attachments are allowed for activities, honors and service)
* Two letters of recommendation as to your character and your ability to meet your scholastic and community responsibilities – one must be from principal and/or counselor
* Applicant must have the endorsement/signature of their Guidance Counselor/Principal on their application attesting they are a qualified applicant for this scholarship program
* Application deadline is November 17, 2017 by 4:00 p.m. Late applications are not accepted.
If you have any questions contact Barbara Burchard, Scholarship Chair
Confirmation receipt of the application will be sent. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure the application arrived on time. ALET Scholarship Application-2018The applications will be reviewed and recipient of the scholarship selected by a committee of volunteers. The scholarship will be awarded at ALET Winter Meeting in Montgomery.