The Regions Riding Forward Scholarship contest is an essay contest that highlights inspirational Black Americans who have shaped our world. Winners can earn scholarships worth $1,750 – $2,500.
Students are asked to submit written or video essays regarding someone who has impacted their life, whether it is a famous icon or a local mentor or hero. High school and college winners will be selected from each of the 15 states served by Regions branches.
Details about the contest can be found in the below links and on the attached flyer. I’d love to ask your help in spreading the word about this awesome opportunity with any organizations or schools you might be affiliated with. Since the inception of the Regions Riding Forward Scholarship Contest in 2012, Regions has awarded over a million dollars to more than 300 students.
More details about the 2023 Regions Riding Forward Scholarship Contest:
- Each applicant must submit a 500-word (or less) written essay or a 3-minute (or less) video essay that addresses how a Black American individual has been an inspiration in the applicant’s life, and that discusses the contributions of that Black American individual.
- Applications must be submitted by March 31, 2023.
- Scholarships will include a total of 15 awards of $2,500 each for high school winners, and 15 awards of $1,750 each for winners who are currently enrolled as college students.
- High school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores and juniors who live in (or who are currently enrolled in accredited colleges in) the 15 states that have Regions Bank full-service branches may apply.
- An independent selection committee will judge the written essay and video essay submissions and select the winners.
Additional information, winning essays from the 2022 contest, eligibility details, official rules and an online contest application can be found at www.regions.com/ridingforward.