November 9, 2022

11/9/2022

“Good morning, today is Wednesday, November 9th, 2022.

Character Education Theme of the Month: Citizenship;  Citizenship is The character of an individual viewed as a member of society; behavior in terms of the duties, obligations, and functions of a citizen:

Quote of the Week: Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” –Margaret Mead

• Anyone interested in trying out for tennis needs to sign up with Miss T. Jackson.  Students trying out must also have a Dragonfly account and also have an up to date physical exam by Nov 14th.
  • Baseball tryouts will be today, tomorrow, the 16th, and 17th at the high school field. Students should be there no later than 3:15
  • Girls that are interested in softball need to sign up with Coach Jett or Coach Adams.  Try-outs will be Wednesday, Nov. 16 and Thursday, Nov. 17 from 3:15 – 5:00 at the high school Orr Park field. Girls riding a bus need to bring a note to get off their bus at MES.  They can get dressed at the field bathrooms.  See the coaches with any questions
  • FBLA will be meeting after school on Thursday. Anyone interested in joining is also welcome to attend. See Mrs. Serrano for more information
  • Please congratulate Jace Lewis on being selected as Athlete of the Month for October.  Jace plays both football and basketball.  Way to go!
  • The Faculty/Staff of the Month results are below. Coach Sheila Jett is this month’s winner!
  • Information about Coach Jett: This is my 29th year teaching here in Montevallo, needless to say, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what I do.  I have a passion for physical education and working with young students to help them learn to be HEALTHY and HAPPY movers!  Because of the nature of our content, we can teach so much about movement, games, health and even character in our classroom.  But like all teachers, my job is to just help ignite that SPARK for learning!  I want to inspire students to reach their potentials and be the BEST versions of themselves.   I love motivating students to just CARE!  This is the perfect age to mold  young and impressionable minds, so I love the everyday challenges that come along with middle school.  My reward is when those students and parents that HATE movement, games, sweating, etc., and try their best to get out of PE, come to me later and are thankful for what they’ve learned in my class, and how I motivated them to CARE and WORK HARD!  I look at myself as a LIFE coach whether I’m working with students, athletes, parents or even teachers.  I come to MMS every morning to help brighten someone’s day and to hopefully be that SPARK that continues to spread into the lives of those that need the light and need the warmth.  I am a proud GYM teacher and COACH that loves my job, loves Montevallo and loves being a BULLDOG!!!
  • Be a good citizen today by helping someone in need!!!
  • And Students Remember…..”Here at Montevallo Middle School, We Expect Success and Nothing Less”!

Have a Willful Wednesday!!